Talk

Advanced search

Gah! Stupid bras, stupid huge boobs! (General brassiere-related whine)

(5 Posts)
louschmoo Tue 09-Apr-13 20:54:10

Have 3 week old baby. Boobs are huge. The Anita nursing bras I wore when BF DS1 are too small (they're the 34I so no bigger cup size available). Am wearing my Panache Sophie nursing bras in 34J and they fit okay but aren't very comfortable - by the end of the day the band is digging in horrendously because the weight of my boobs is pressing down on my ribcage. I measure 32 round my back so should technically be wearing a 32 but find it just too tight. I also find soft cup bras are just useless with boobs this big. So I ordered some underwired bras in 34J to try and manufacture my own nursing bras by adding the clippy bits. 3 bras - a 2 pack and a strapless one (overly hopeful I know). They arrived today, and the 2 pack is so tight round the back that I can hardly get the clasps together. The cup fits perfectly though. The strapless one fits great round the back - fastens on the loosest hook, can get 2 fingers under the band but it's very firm. But the cups are huge and wrinkled as they're too big. There is no way I am a 36 back is there? Was 30/32 before I got pregnant with this baby. Why does it have to be so hard to find a supportive, comfortable bra to BF in?

And I ordered a Belvia bra to sleep in (have one already and it's v comfy at night) and it's still not arrived, over a week after I ordered it. I want it now, sick of rinsing mine through and drying it on the radiator.

Wah wah wah, stupid huge boobs. Would give my back teeth for a pair or 32Ds. Anyone know of a miracle nursing bra which is massive, comfy and supports without leaving red weals around your ribcage?

JennySense Tue 09-Apr-13 21:08:48

Lousch your ribcage has expanded to house the baby during your pregnancy - it will go back to normal.
I'm not 100% sure but I don't think underwired bras are recommended when nursing?
I posted on another thread about TJ the Bra Lady? her site is here - www.bras4mums.co.uk/ she has a team of local fitters and can even advise over the phone and via Skype.

I was exactly the same size as you after my last pregnancy - don't worry, once you get a comfy solution, you'll feel a lot better x

pinkyponk67 Tue 09-Apr-13 22:28:55

Sounds grim sad and I remember it well. Can't help except to say that it's still early days for your body and as a pp said, your ribcage has expanded, it will gradually return to normal, your boobs may change size/shape as your milk supply regulated itself. I lived in sleep bras for ages after giving birth. It may be worth leaving it another few weeks to see if things settle and then make a trip to bravissimo to get fitted properly.

louschmoo Tue 09-Apr-13 22:45:29

Yeah, I know. Chances are in a few weeks my Anita bras will fit. But I'm so uncomfortable now! My ribcage has expanded but not that much, it's the lack of support that soft cups offer which is causing the problems I'm sure. Bugger, I just have to put up with monster-sized, unsupported monoboobs for a few weeks don't I?

SorrelForbes Tue 09-Apr-13 22:51:30

Yep, get yourself over to Bravissimo. BTW, it's fine to wear underwired bras as long as they fit properly and the wires are not resting on the breast tissue.

If you measure 32 underneath then I doubt if you need a bigger band. What you do probably need is a 32 in a bigger cup.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now