Talk

Advanced search

The great fascinator and hat debate

(13 Posts)
AlwaysSleepingBeauty Tue 09-Apr-13 17:51:23

I'm going to a wedding at the weekend, and after choosing a lovely dress with some help from the kind ladies on here, I really fancy wearing some kind of headpiece or hat.

I'm not keen on the traditional feathery band fascinator a that everyone hates anyway, I find them a little dull at time but have seen this and wondered if it falls into that category...

m-uk.accessorize.com/view/product/uk_catalog/acc_5,acc_5.1/3911325300

I'd really like something and I like the forties feel of the veil but I don't want to look boring! If it helps, I am 25 with long blonde hair. I've left it a bit late really so I'm trying to see what is about.

Any help or opinions please?

MrsLettuce Tue 09-Apr-13 18:06:54

I wouldn't count that as a fascinator, no. It's possibly a bit 'meh' though, depends on your dress...

Bee smith does some fab stuff. I love the silk aeroplane but that might not be your thing. this in cream. There are a few nice ones amongst the stuff here

MrsLettuce Tue 09-Apr-13 18:07:46

Meant to ask if you could link to the dress hmm

AlwaysSleepingBeauty Tue 09-Apr-13 18:29:52

data.whicdn.com/images/26638194/4353068082_large.jpg

Here is a picture of the dress.

I agree that it's a bit meh, that's why I'm hesitating to order it to be honest. The only other one I've seen to consider is this www.rockmyvintage.co.uk/gil-fox-silver-rose-fascinator.htm

But I'm not sure if it will look right! Those Bee Smith ones are gorgeous, but unfortunately the wedding is at the weekend so it wouldn't come in time sad

MrsLettuce Tue 09-Apr-13 19:25:24

That's nice too, either would be fine but neither are really grabbing me TBH.

What shoes and bag do you have?

MrsLettuce Tue 09-Apr-13 19:28:59

Forgot to say - I love the dress. Very pretty!

I fear the paler colour head peices could look a little odd on blond hair. Depends on your exact colouring.

this could be fab with the dress but you'd probably have to re-acessorise.

This would work (you'd need a wee bit black detail elsewhere) but prefer this in the black (or white).

I suppose this is too much? They will do next day delivery, you just have to mail them before ordering.

AlwaysSleepingBeauty Tue 09-Apr-13 19:42:08

Thank you re the dress smile

I really like that John Lewis one actually, I can't seem to get the Accessorize ones to open on my phone but I will switch to laptop shortly to look!

I like the bird one but I'm not sure if I could pull it off. I think the reason I'm looking at pale colours is because there is little choice at short notice in lemon/yellow. I have worn lots of pale hair accessories before, although nothing as 'big' as a hat or fascinator if that makes sense.

I am very pale with sort of baby/champagne blonde hair (not my description) and quite pinky skin. I'm thinking of wearing red lipstick and my bag is cream and my shoes are pale gold.

Thank you so much for all your help wine

MrsLettuce Tue 09-Apr-13 19:52:43

THe JL one is very good and I say it's a safe bet without being too dull (or OTT). It looks cream in the photo but it's white so you'd need to swap bags for white or yellow really. [http://www.johnlewis.com/collection-weekend-by-john-lewis-mini-across-body-handbag/p361937?colour=Yellow#media-overlay_show this with the strap tucked away]] could give a slightly vintage look.

MrsLettuce Tue 09-Apr-13 19:52:57

this with the strap tucked away

AlwaysSleepingBeauty Tue 09-Apr-13 19:59:54

The Accessorize ones still just open the homepage for some reason.

I have quite a few little bags about the place, so I can probably find a white one around here somewhere so that wouldn't be a big problem.

I think I might order the JL one and see what it's like on me. Otherwise I might just be trying to squeeze in at the hairdresser and have my hair done instead!

MrsLettuce Tue 09-Apr-13 20:05:58

Ah, right. It's cause I'm not in the UK - they'll be redirecting. You can C&P if you CBA:

http://eu.accessorize.com/view/product/eu_catalog/acc_5,acc_5.33/3911116000

Oh, second one isn't working for me either blush. Wasn't up to much TBH - a faffier version of the JL one in black.

MrsLettuce Tue 09-Apr-13 20:10:47

Ah, here:

http://eu.accessorize.com/view/product/eu_catalog/acc_5,acc_5.33/3911020300

Is a very, very annoying thing with the links. Monsoon does it too [grr]

AlwaysSleepingBeauty Tue 09-Apr-13 20:29:14

Thank you. I think I still like the John Lewis one best so far.

Next time I will be more prepared! I'm normally good with these things but this is only the second wedding I've been to and I didn't really think beyond the dress!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now