Talk

Advanced search

Converse Trainers - are they worth the money?

(14 Posts)
KansasCityOctopus Mon 08-Apr-13 20:50:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Shlurpbop Mon 08-Apr-13 20:56:07

Yep! My husband wears his to work where theres lots of walking, bending etc and they last really well.
Only ones I wouldn't recommend are the new low-sole style ones. Not so hard wearing. Stick to the original thick sole style smile

LadyIsabellaWrotham Mon 08-Apr-13 20:56:56

IME they do last noticeably longer than most cheap versions, but they are fundamentally just fabric on a rubber base, so they will give out eventually.

Prices vary wildly so if you keep looking for a good deal on "last season's colour" then eventually you'll find a colour you like within your budget.

Cybbo Mon 08-Apr-13 20:58:08

I think they last better

LittlePandaBear Mon 08-Apr-13 21:01:17

I tried Converse last year and they rubbed my heels too bad, but doesn't mean they will do that to you!

But Amazon have a 20% off code if you sign up to their emails so worth doing that if you want to get them. Go on to the main Clothing page on amazon and you can sign up from a link there.

Not tried them myself but dd2 is v hard on shoes and seems to get around a year of pretty much constant (when not in school shoes) wear out of hers. They go in the washing machine too.

noisytoys Mon 08-Apr-13 21:08:43

I bought some converse flip flops last summer they lasted the season but not any longer. They were quite uncomfortable I found them too flat with no arch support

QueenCadbury Mon 08-Apr-13 21:20:25

I wear converse loads and walk the school run. However I do have 3 or 4 pairs so they're not in constant use but they last well. Agree though that they are quite flat and no arch support.

redlac Mon 08-Apr-13 21:23:26

I think they have shot up in price and the quality isn't as good as it used to be. I had a pair of boots which lasted me years but the replacement pair have started splitting at the toe bendy bit and the rubber on the inside at the heel has cracked

My older pairs and lasted much longer than the ones bought in the last year or so

Considering superga for this summer instead of converse

PersonalClown Mon 08-Apr-13 21:23:36

I have about 6 pairs that I rotate through. Have lasted 6 years and counting!

I love that I can out them in the washing machine.

expatinscotland Mon 08-Apr-13 21:41:39

I like Supergas more, tbh.

OneLittleLady Mon 08-Apr-13 21:43:21

My converse have lasted a good two years with frequent wear. I think they are worth the money.

COCKadoodledooo Mon 08-Apr-13 21:47:30

I vote yes - have had mine 20 years this year grin

KansasCityOctopus Mon 08-Apr-13 22:04:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now