Talk

Advanced search

I don't understand shoes...

(8 Posts)
KatamariDamacy Mon 08-Apr-13 20:32:56

I tend to go from boots to flipflops and don't know what shoes I should be wearing if when the weather gets a bit warmer.

I tend to live in skater/wrap/tunic dresses with leggings underneath and slouchy cardigans on top. Currently I'm wearing long biker-ish or riding-ish boots , or DMs.

The obvious thing for me to wear would be ballet pumps, but I have stupidly wide feet so I tend to wear my shoes a little large. If slip-on shoes are wide enough to be comfortable around the front of my feet, they fall straight off when I walk.

I also can't really function in heels/wedges more than about an inch high.

Please help me! What can I wear on my feet?

cocolepew Mon 08-Apr-13 20:36:05

Converse.
You're welcome wink

KatamariDamacy Mon 08-Apr-13 20:39:30

Ooh, never thought of that.

Thank you.

happyfeet210 Mon 08-Apr-13 20:39:34

Looking girlie but being able to stride out - I agree converses or Vans, have a look on www.surfdome.com for bargains.

cocolepew Mon 08-Apr-13 20:41:46

If you aren't fussed on labels, there are loads of Converse type shoes around at the moment.

LittlePandaBear Mon 08-Apr-13 20:48:20

Or if you'd rather wear ballet pumps, M&S and Next do wide fitting which may solve that problem?

OneLittleLady Mon 08-Apr-13 20:50:12

New Look also do some styles in wide fitting. I often have to buy them myself as even though I don't have really wide feet, the cut of the standard shoes in some places is so narrow it sometimes cuts of circulation to my little toes hmm

KatamariDamacy Mon 08-Apr-13 22:30:00

Thank you for all the advice. Definitely liking the Converse idea. I have some Amazon vouchers to spend so might treat myself grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now