Talk

Advanced search

My Bra size.... Am I wearing the wrong bra?

(10 Posts)
EverSoCurious Mon 08-Apr-13 18:05:05

I suppose it's very common in women to wear too small a bra and mine is feeling a bit tight and is leaving a lot of red marks and there are bulges over the top of the bra ( and it is not a push up! )
Details = I am 26" underbust and 31" fullest ..
What do you think?
All help much appreciated ;) flowers

Sidge Mon 08-Apr-13 18:13:12

You should be wearing a 26DD, but as they are hard to get hold of try a 28C or D.

EverSoCurious Wed 10-Apr-13 11:26:51

26DD!!
Wow, I would never have thought that! I was wearing an awfully tight 30B... Thankyou.. will go shopping and tell you how it goes smile

handcream Wed 10-Apr-13 11:35:31

Go and get yourself measured at a dept store. I am a 30G! Most of us are wearing the wrong size. Figleaves good for unusual sizes.

SorrelForbes Wed 10-Apr-13 11:37:26

Do not go to M&S! If anyone measures you and then adds inches, run.

handcream Wed 10-Apr-13 11:55:04

I have found M&S complete rubbish at measuring. They wont have small sizes and you are much much better off in a dept store with lots of different ranges. For bigger sizes I do like Fantasie. My bra's are 30G and they were all in stock. The days of just having 34B have long gone.

SorrelForbes Wed 10-Apr-13 11:58:03

Sadly, many places still only stock (or make) bras that start at a 32 back. It's infuriating. Debenhams, JL and HoF are pretty good but I still don't find that they have a huge selection in my size (30GG) compared to say a 34D.

As for Top Shop, New Look et al, why do their bras start at a 32 or 34 when a huge number of their customers are size 6 or 8s and obviously need 28 backs (or smaller)? It's so annoying.

SorrelForbes Wed 10-Apr-13 11:59:04

EverSoCurious Have you visited the The Better Bra Campaign blog? Lots of good advice on measuring, fitting etc. Remember to scoop!

EverSoCurious Wed 10-Apr-13 12:26:17

That's where I got my (very badly fitting) bra from...
Yes, M&S were not very good!
I'll try figleaves as well as Debenhams, JL, HoF and i'll read the blog!
SF, you're right; all shops start 32,none start any lower and I'm a 28back.. Or a least I think I am.... The band size seems very tight to be a 28 but I'll go to the shops to get fitted .
Apparently John Lewis are good... Is this true?
Thanks for the help ;)

SorrelForbes Wed 10-Apr-13 14:01:57

JL are much, much better than they used to be but some fitters do insist on using the old-style inaccurate form of measuring.

If you measure 26 under bust then a 28 will be fine and probably a little large. If you try one on and it feels too tight then you almost certainly need to try a bigger cup. Make sure you try bras on back to front first to check the fit of the band, before sorting out the cups.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now