Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help! I have very long hair and now my bunmaker is no longer made!!

(8 Posts)
SilentMammoth Mon 08-Apr-13 16:31:35

I used to use a large velvet/wire bunmaker (not doughnutty thing), which was ace for my bum-length hair.

Can I find one now? Nope. Theres any number of crap sponge ones but no velvet/wire ones! I hate wearing my hair loose or dangly and really struggle with buns because of my hair's length. Any suggestions about easy ways to put it up? (cutting not an option)

TIA

babyiwantabump Mon 08-Apr-13 16:32:52

They had velvet strip wire bun maker things in Claire's accessories today

puzzlepetal Mon 08-Apr-13 17:57:20

Also in the 99p shop.

Fairyloo Mon 08-Apr-13 18:01:19

What kind was it? I bought a mesh one that's not needed if its that kind? Ill gladly send it to you. It was in white box with purple at top?

SilentMammoth Thu 11-Apr-13 09:41:09

Wow, loads if really helpful replies! Dairy thank you for your very kind offer but think I will pop along to ca to see if I can pick up a wire one. Many thanks to everyone.

mrsibley Fri 12-Apr-13 04:50:10

I was just looking for something like this in Claire's yesterday and was sold one of the donut things. I have long hair and two small dcs so wanted something that would be quick and simple to create a neat bun and I fear the donut may be a bit time consuming?

What I am after is something that can be worn high up on the head ( as opposed to ones I saw which fixed low down at the back iyswim) and that is simple to use and stays in place. Any suggestions?

swooosh Fri 12-Apr-13 04:56:01

If you have long hair try Sleeprollers XL Bun Ring!

poppyinthemiddle Fri 12-Apr-13 06:50:58

I find the shop bought bun rings make a bun that is far too large and unweildy: have you tried the sock trick? Cut toe off sock, roll up into a ring. Also do you roll hair from tip to root, or put bun at base and wrap around it? The former keeps things much tighter and neater, I use a couple of bobby pins as the cotton sock wont grip in like the bun rings, but i prefer that as they only rip half my hair out and leave it a frizzy mess otherwise!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now