Talk

Advanced search

Skincare help for 12yo dd

(8 Posts)
mrssmooth Mon 08-Apr-13 12:52:05

Can anyone recommend a good moisturiser for my dd, who's 12? She does use one just now but it's not right for her skin, which seems to be a bit patchy with spots and dry skin. Any recommendations would be great, high street brands would be better as there are no department stores locally!

MrsSchadenfreude Mon 08-Apr-13 13:52:58

La Roche Posay do a range for young skin - Effaclar. You should be able to get it in Boots.

clippityclop Mon 08-Apr-13 15:42:11

Talk to her about tackling it from the inside - drinking loads of water, cutting back on sugar, more fruit and veg. Simple is good, think you can get it in Tesco. Think they do an exfoliator too. Failing that, check out Liz Earle which you can get on line. My dd uses my cleanser/muslin cloth and it keeps blocked pores and dry patches at bay nicely.

OneLittleLady Mon 08-Apr-13 15:43:57

I've heard good things about Neutrogena and I myself sometimes use Clean & Clear when I'm a bit on the spotty side. Simple moisturiser is good, isn't full of nasty perfumes which can irritate and inflame spotty skin.

Do 12 year olds really need moisturiser? If her skin is dry, maybe an E45 or Eucerin or Aveeno one?

mrssmooth Mon 08-Apr-13 17:34:29

Thanks all. Remus, yes I think she does need moisturiser of some sort - I can see by looking at her skin that it's dry and she's said that it feels "tight" after she's washed it. Clippity - she's pretty good at drinking lots of water and eating fruit anyway, but I will talk to her about it too as it's always worth re-enforcing! I will have a look at the Simple and Neutrogena ones smile

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 08-Apr-13 19:27:35

My 11yo borrows whatever takes her fancy from MY skincare grin

Currantly she's using those face-wipes and some SBC (Simply Beautiful Cosmetics) Collagen Cream. Smells lovely and it's light.

I'm hiding my Philosophy 'Hope in a Jar' it's taken weeks to get a new pot.

spanishring Tue 09-Apr-13 22:39:11

Have a look at a range called Sam Farmer

It's especially for teenagers. And is v v good.

Harsh cleansers will only make skin more oily

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now