Talk

Advanced search

Please recommend - anti aging moisturiser

(13 Posts)
SimLondon Mon 08-Apr-13 10:35:54

help - im mid thirties and have dry sensitive skin, the only cream I use is the Nivea one in the blue pot, im now starting to notice fine lines :-(
Can anyone recommend an anti-aging skincare routine for me?

PoppadomPreach Mon 08-Apr-13 10:40:01

Elemis pro-collagen marine cream. But it is £££.

twolittlemonkeys Mon 08-Apr-13 10:43:11

Bumping this thread in the hope that someone can recommend an excellent anti-aging moisturiser that is NOT £££, preferably just £s smile

SaltyandSweet Mon 08-Apr-13 11:36:20

Clinique Moisture Surge for very dry skin. I find that with very dry skin, which I definitely have (am 38), having a fabulous moisturiser suited to my skin makes me look younger (plumping up skin etc). I also use Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair serum which I think is miraculous. Not cheap but worth the investment I think.

kiwigirl42 Mon 08-Apr-13 14:02:37

I'm going to try this Olay Regenerist serum (Amazon) when my current serum (also an Olay cheapy from directcosmetics.com) as its got good reviews and its a good price on Amazon

Sarahh356 Mon 08-Apr-13 16:41:53

These are really good! cdnmn.com/emo/te/1.gif bit.ly/14RHP3A

The Olay Regenerist stuff is v good and often to be found on offer. Somebody on here recommended Superdrug's Vitamin E oil though and it is excellent for overnight use and only costs pennies too. The moisturiser is fine as well, for the price, but I don't like the eyecream. Will deffo continue to buy the oil.

WorkingtoohardMama Mon 08-Apr-13 16:48:14

I'm also mid 30's and used the blue lid Nivea, I've now switched to the aldi - yep that's right aldi one for mature skin, it's £2, and I really feel like my skins improved!

CareerGirl01 Mon 08-Apr-13 16:49:42

I love Dermalogica's intensive moisture - is rich but not thick and has helped my sensitive post baby skin. Is around £20 for a small size but it lasts ages. I buy professional sizes via eBay - bought last one in June last year for £30 and still have half of it left. Is one of the original Dermalogica products - forget all the gimmicky Age smart stuff they do- this is the best.

BinksToEnlightenment Mon 08-Apr-13 18:33:02

Boots time delay products are on offer right now. Serum is about £9 and moisturiser about £8. The ingredients are fair cop.

Or soap and glory are buy one get one half price in boots. I haven't tried their moisturiser, but their serum is dead good. The serum is £20 and moisturiser about a tenner.

SimLondon Mon 08-Apr-13 22:13:14

Thanks, had bad reaction to Dermalogica and Olay previously. t
The soap and glory night cream was good but reacted to the day cream.

Avene seem quite reasonable price wise so after spending all morning reading the reviews think im going to give them a go.

JumpHerWho Mon 08-Apr-13 22:36:02

My routine has sorted out my skin - Avene gel cleanser followed by La Roche Posay Cicaplast moisturiser. The moisturiser is fab - it's very soothing and moisturising but also antibacterial, so perfect for my dry but clogged skin. And after years of thinking daily exfoliation was key, I think simple decent cleansing works best for me, no scrubbing, no harsh chemicals.

hortensemancini Mon 08-Apr-13 23:09:14

the best anti-ageing factor you can include in your skin care is a decent SPF in your moisturiser - Avene/LRP have v good ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now