Talk

Advanced search

using dove summer glow

(8 Posts)
alwaysinhiding Sun 07-Apr-13 18:08:04

First tanning product I've ever owned, tried it yesterday just on legs and feet went ok only a hint of colour want to try arms now but going out at weekend in strappy top so dont want any disasters, do I do both sides of arms? What about armpit area?if I do chest where do I stop so it blends with my face? How do I do hands and finally if it goes wrong can I scrub it off how long does it take to fade?

ToastedTeacakes Sun 07-Apr-13 19:17:27

It's the one i use in summer, but I've only tried it on arms and legs, not pits or face.
It is gradual so applying over 2 nights might be best....and lightly the first time! When I've managed to get a bit of patching around ankle bones or knees it has been relatively easy to sponge the excess off (with a little sponge or flannel and warm water), just be gentle and do bits at a time if need be.

I think it is the most natural one I've used, but I'm not massively experienced with tan. I am super pale blonde too, so dread the orange effect. This product does work well, but def in moderation.

ToastedTeacakes Sun 07-Apr-13 19:19:31

go easy on elbows and anywhere that might sweat. When waiting for it to set I wear shirts and a vest and try not to sit with legs together for about an hour, let air circulate to back of knees and crook of arms, etc. I usually only put clothes over it after a few hours so apply at night when I've nothing else to do.

ToastedTeacakes Sun 07-Apr-13 19:19:53

Not 'shirts'.
I meant shorts!

alwaysinhiding Mon 08-Apr-13 17:04:32

Well done arms and chest today it's a bit patchy I've got a few lines where I've obviously missed bits and a few orange bits arghh

Dancingqueen17 Mon 08-Apr-13 20:21:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WaitingForPancakeDay Mon 08-Apr-13 20:29:38

I agree on the funny smell! I sat all day at work once just knowing I smelt awful! Then I developed an allergy to them, so I remain pale.

alwaysinhiding Mon 08-Apr-13 21:15:37

I havnt experainced any bad smell at all when it first goes on it reminds me of the lotions you get at the tanning beds to accelerate tanning a real summery smell, then that fades and there is nothing, ive just put my nose right up to my skin and cant smell anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now