Talk

Advanced search

What goes with my dress?

(8 Posts)
hurricanewyn Sun 07-Apr-13 14:59:29

I' ve got a day time function coming up. I've bought a new dress that I like & some nude courts to go with it.

I need to find a clutch bag & some kind of tpp half cover. A picture of the dress is on my profile.

Can anyone help me with this? I'm a size 16/18 so bare arms aren't feasible & my budget is small. Willing to forget the clutchin favour of the cardi/jacket if needs be

LittlePandaBear Sun 07-Apr-13 15:53:21

Hi - I'll have a little look for you.

The dress looks pretty but I can't see the colours properly on the photo - is it all quite nude or are there colours in the detail?

I think a coloured jacket/cardi would look better to lift the outfit. How smart is the occasion?

And how small is your ideal budget?

hurricanewyn Sun 07-Apr-13 16:03:24

Thanks!

There are colours in the detail - there's a cornflower blue, peachy pink & yellow.

I had thought about a blue ballet cardigan, but they look awful with my boobs!

Budget is £40-50. Don't want to spend much more as it'll probably never be worn again.

Oh & it's for my daughter's communion so it needs to look ok in church.

Thanks a million! smile

LittlePandaBear Sun 07-Apr-13 16:28:44

I think blue may be your best colour as a contrast to the dress and shoes. A couple of ideas:

Uniqlo

House of Fraser?

Debenhams?

Any good? Once you have the cover up sorted, the bag should be easy to find smile

hurricanewyn Sun 07-Apr-13 16:43:23

ooh I love the uniqlo one - I'm not sure if the colour is right, but I love the shape/style.
The HoF one is the right colour, but I don't like the style. I'm going into Cardiff tomorrow so I'll have a look at it in store & see if I prefer it in person.
The Debenham's one wasn't me at all. My mum has a few like that, so it's kinda put me off.

Thanks a million for looking though - they're all shapes& styles I wouldn't have thought of on my own.

cornygrigio Sun 07-Apr-13 16:45:30

marks have some jackets like the uniqlo one as well

cornygrigio Sun 07-Apr-13 16:46:48

there are some nice rockport nude courts on brand alley today

hurricanewyn Sun 07-Apr-13 17:00:32

Thanks corny. Off to nosey around now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now