Talk

Advanced search

I start a new job tomorrow, I have a 60 Euro one for all voucher and no money, I need

(20 Posts)
MarcelineTheVampireQueen Sun 07-Apr-13 13:13:58

A bra
A bag
Vest tops
Face mask
Cheap foundation with good coverage
Nail varnish (no idea of colour)

Where to go?? I can't go to make up counters because it will cost too much. My skin is very sale and blotchy so they never get the colours right. A good bra is going to take half my voucher unless there is a sale. I'm panicking here.

Any hints tips? I've got half an hour before I go to town!

iamabadger Sun 07-Apr-13 13:20:33

Not sure what shops you can access with your voucher. Are you in Ireland? In terms if makeup though I'd go for a foundation from loreal or bourjois or rimmel. That will be no more than £10 (I know you are working in euro but I'm English and no idea of current rate). Then nails I'd go for a nice nude, pinky or beige depending on your colouring and preference. Face mask, don't fork out for a tube now, boots and Superdug etc often have single use sachets for a quick fix then you can get a tube on payday! Montagne Jeunesse have a wide range but the own brands if those stores also do them for the £1-2 mark. Hopefully someone more local to you will be along soon too!

TotallyEggFlipped Sun 07-Apr-13 13:22:46

Penny's for the bra, bag and vest top. And maybe the nail varnish.

TotallyEggFlipped Sun 07-Apr-13 13:23:03

Or Dunnes.

MarcelineTheVampireQueen Sun 07-Apr-13 13:24:31

Sorry! One for all voucher can be used everywhere, new look, boots primark debenhams etc! I used to use rimmel years ago but found it slid off the face. Has coverage impoved I wonder?

MarcelineTheVampireQueen Sun 07-Apr-13 13:25:52

Pennys don't do a bra in my size so debenham it will have to be. Do they have a sale on?*

MrsJaqenHgar Sun 07-Apr-13 13:27:54

What size bra do you need?

MarcelineTheVampireQueen Sun 07-Apr-13 13:30:56

40e

iamabadger Sun 07-Apr-13 13:31:21

Ok, in that case new look and primark actually have decent enough bras for a quick fix but not always available in larger sizes if that's what you need. Also smart bags in primark for under a tenner!

glenthebattleostrich Sun 07-Apr-13 13:34:03

www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_089010746860_-1

www.debenhams.ie/sale/lingerie/dd-bras

Debenhams have a blue cross sale on at the mo, they have a bra for about 12 euro (a bit blurgh but needs must) and a bag for 30 euro

MrsJaqenHgar Sun 07-Apr-13 13:39:36

Matalan and Tesco do up to a 40G in some bras. Cost around £8.

MarcelineTheVampireQueen Sun 07-Apr-13 16:48:30

Just on bus home now, I'm wrecked! Got 2 bras for 14 euro in debenhams!score!! They are not the best but they keep the girls rounded up for now! Boots and Penneys were great. I hate shopping, and @ never know what to do so thanks for your help. I'll buy better quality when I'm back in the black so will def need more help then!

marriedinwhiteagain Sun 07-Apr-13 16:53:48

Good luck with the new job. Why did you need to paint your nails btw?

MarcelineTheVampireQueen Sun 07-Apr-13 18:03:43

I spent 20 years biting them, they are now growing but look terrible, a good length but off colour. A varnish looked like it could help. I actually forgot the mail varnish though, you just reminded me!grin sur never mind!

I have no nice things hence the tops and bags and I'm ashamed te say this, one bra! The wire came out and the clasp at the back snapped. Shameful.

Thanks for the good wishes, hopefully we can get back on track and I can be a four bra person!!

roundtower Sun 07-Apr-13 18:10:25

Weird offer of the day coming up OP. I have a Dunnes bra in your size, tag still on. Bought without trying on and it doesnn't fit. You are welcome to it. I'm in Ireland too so should only cost a couple of euro to post. PM me if you would like it.

roundtower Sun 07-Apr-13 18:11:17

And congratulations on the job - you are the first person I have heard of in a long time who has managed to get a job!

Al0uise Sun 07-Apr-13 18:11:44

Get a buffer for your nails. They cost a couple of quid and make nails look shiny and healthy. Less faff than polish.

MarcelineTheVampireQueen Sun 07-Apr-13 18:24:08

Ah roundtower I don't know what to say, that would be kind! You might need it though?!

It's just a call centre but its inbound so no selling just customer care. But dp lost his job and we need the money. I have arthritis so it will be tricky but I'm looking forward to it in a strange way! Thanks for the good wishes!

roundtower Sun 07-Apr-13 19:09:36

Definitely won't be wearing it now that I've been sorted out with right size bra courtesy of S&B. PM me if you'd like it.

Started my working career in a call centre. Customer care is not so bad - could be worse. I've done outbound sales and credit control.

MrsJaqenHgar Sun 07-Apr-13 19:22:27

I can also offer bras. 2 x M&S. both brand new and unworn. I'm now a G cup, thanks to the bra intervention threads so I have no need for them and would like them to go to a good home. I know you're going to be solvent soon but you could put your earnings to better use and treat yourself and your DH with the money you would have spent on bras smile

PM me your address and they're all yours. I have to go the Post Office tomorrow anyway so it's no hassle to send them your way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now