Talk

Advanced search

wedding guest outfit- how many weddings can it do?

(23 Posts)
cheesesarnie Sat 06-Apr-13 23:10:09

i brought a lovely dress, jacket, shoes and jewellery for a recent wedding but am wondering if i can get away with wearing it to the next two?
none of the guests are the same?

no one will be looking at me etc but can i?

AmandaCooper Sat 06-Apr-13 23:10:51

Beware of being tagged on Facebook!

BackforGood Sat 06-Apr-13 23:11:54

Of course!
If it were weddings where lots of guests were going to be the same, then I'd want to mix it up a bit, but why on earth wouldn't you if they are different groups of people?

cheesesarnie Sat 06-Apr-13 23:19:07

ooh amanda true!

cheesesarnie Sat 06-Apr-13 23:19:26

no pics from last wedding though- i hid.

wickedfairy Sun 07-Apr-13 07:41:44

I would wear it as many times as possible, especially if different sets of guests! At least you will get a decent cost per wear! Have a lively time smile

wickedfairy Sun 07-Apr-13 07:42:20

Lovely, I meant. Lively too would be fun thoughgrin

Bunbaker Sun 07-Apr-13 07:43:28

Of course you can. Forget about Wastebook.

KatyS36 Sun 07-Apr-13 08:15:18

I would wear it to all :-)

Enjoy

Katy

malteserzz Sun 07-Apr-13 09:50:54

Yes wear to all ! If you get fed up you could always leave the jacket off for one or wear a different necklace or something

gindrinker Sun 07-Apr-13 10:15:25

I've got a dress which has done 5 weddings...
If you're just a guest and the other guests don't overlap wear it again.

EggbertShellyandYoko Sun 07-Apr-13 10:24:50

I would wear it to all of them. If it is a style you love, is comfortable to wear all day and it is flattering to your figure, then you will feel confident and you can just enjoy the day without the stress of 'do I look ok' and 'is it appropriate'. Finding an outfit for a wedding is one of the most stressful shopping trips IMHO.

If there are some guests who may have seen outfit before, so what! you can always accessorise outfit in different ways with different accessories/hat/jewellery. Enjoy the day.

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 07-Apr-13 10:25:55

Definitely wear it and I doubt anyone on fb would really notice would they?

hanahsaunt Sun 07-Apr-13 10:41:52

I bought the most amazing silk dress for my brother's wedding in 2001. It has been worn to every wedding since then (loads) apart from SILs because it's sleeveless and she was married in February and I was 10 wks pg and already huge. Very few overlapping guests and when they did there was sufficiently long between weddings for it not to matter/them to notice.

Trills Sun 07-Apr-13 10:48:16

It can do as many weddings as you have different groups of friends/relatives.

Trills Sun 07-Apr-13 10:48:58

4 is my record so far - and that dress has not been to any weddings of people from my family so it could do at least one more.

foxysocks Sun 07-Apr-13 11:33:56

yes definitely wear to both! I honestly don't get buying a new outfit for every wedding, I have worn the same dress to at least five over the last few years.

tomatoplantproject Sun 07-Apr-13 12:34:50

Yes definitely. You could always mix it up with different accessories.

bigbadbarry Sun 07-Apr-13 15:39:14

Definitely. And save it in case you get invited to weddings next year/in a year or two when you can dig it back out again.

OrangeFootedScrubfowl Sun 07-Apr-13 15:47:32

If the guests don't overlap then of course! And even if they do overlap I bet nobody would notice.

ItsAllTLAsToMe Sun 07-Apr-13 15:57:17

Surely it's only the bride who would not expect to wear her dress again grin?

WankbadgersBreakfast Sun 07-Apr-13 16:08:08

I have a dress known as my "wedding dress" because I wear it to every wedding. I don't even care if the guests are the same!
So yes, you absolutely can wear it to every wedding.

cheesesarnie Mon 15-Apr-13 01:24:39

thankyou lovely people, i'll wear with pride.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now