Talk

Advanced search

Haven't a clue what to wear - anyone help?

(13 Posts)
Stillcluelessat40 Sat 06-Apr-13 20:06:11

Somehow agreed to attend my school reunion in a couple of months. I can't even begin to think what to wear.
What do people wear for proper "nights out" these days? With two small dcs my nights out these days involve a trip to the supermarket!
I live in a city so have a fairly good range of shops, but think I'll end up in something ugly.
Doesn't help that I'm still a post-baby size 18 and although dieting don't think I'll shift much.
So, any ideas appreciated! Mostly these days I'm in jeans, prefer dark (ie black!) clothes by choice. Have a fairly hourglass figure.

Stillcluelessat40 Sat 06-Apr-13 21:03:44

Have been going through websites looking for ideas... tried Coast, Planet, LK Bennett, East, Phase Eight - don't know which shops are stylish though and which viewed as dowdy. Off to look at more!

beeny Sat 06-Apr-13 21:07:25

What about damsel in a dress.

MagratGarlik Sat 06-Apr-13 21:56:01

If it were me, I'd go for a mid-calf length pencil skirt in black, with black heals and a gorgeous top. Heals always make you feel glam I think.

I am similar shape and age, different size.

What kind of venue is it? How dressed up will you need to be? What's your budget?

Stillcluelessat40 Sat 06-Apr-13 22:13:25

Thanks for the ideas smile It's in a function suite, hard to know how dressy others will be. Disco I think.
Think might end up in trousers (with, dare I say it, 'a naice top') as like thought of dresses but think I'd feel self-conscious in one. Have been looking at shoes, might turn up in pair of Irregular Choice shoes teamed with a sack!
Budget - well I don't have much, but will likely bring credit card to bear. Maybe £150 all in? Especially if I can re-wear the outfit.

How about a pencil skirt, a draped top and killer heels?

tethersend Sat 06-Apr-13 22:53:10

This or this would be nice with red heels. Or the second dress in blue with tan heels.

This is nicer irl and seems as if it would be flattering.

tethersend Sat 06-Apr-13 23:03:01

This is over budget but would look great with snakeskin heels...

Stillcluelessat40 Sat 06-Apr-13 23:07:28

I love Tethers' second dress. Would need to see it on my body though! Remus that dress is good too. I like the shoe suggestions (my instincts always tend toward matchy matchy so good to hear what colours to try!)
I will of course fall flat on my arse while dancing to Wham! at some point, won't I.

If you don't fall over whilst dancing to Wham, it won't be worth going!

tethersend Sat 06-Apr-13 23:17:37

Even George Michael falls on his arse dancing to Wham! grin

Actually he does that to most things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now