Talk

Advanced search

How do I pull off pale and interesting this summer?

(8 Posts)
StickEmWithThePointyEnd Sat 06-Apr-13 15:27:33

I'm naturally very pale and don't tan easily and CBA with fake tan so pale and interesting is my "thing".

But im not very good at style and beauty stuff so was wondering what are your tips for looking and feeling gorgeous while embracing the lack of tan?

Fyouimfabulous Sat 06-Apr-13 18:10:08

I'm the same, only reason I had a light tan last summer was our first holiday abroad in a decade (going again this year yippee).
I like to wear colours that compliment my skin tone, so dusky pinks or corals, jazzed up with pretty accessories and sandals.
I'm a natural ginger but due my hair a deep red and fake tan looks silly on me so have embraced the pale.
Try and find colours that enhance rather than make you look paler, try a few accessories and see what works?
Oh, and subtle make up can make all the difference too.

naturelover Sat 06-Apr-13 18:46:28

There is nothing wrong with pale skin! IMO there is nothing worse than fake tan and I CBA either.

Have you considered having your colours done? Wearing the colours that flatter your skintone will look good in any season.

Maat Sat 06-Apr-13 18:51:40

Johnson's Holiday Skin or the equivalent Dove moisturiser is great for pale skin (get the light obviously).

It looks very natural and, because it builds up gradually, you don't get streaks etc.

I tend to use it for about 3 days first then every other day to keep it topped up.

OddBoots Sat 06-Apr-13 19:08:55

Just smile and act confident even when you don't feel it. Pale is just as beautiful as any other skin tone there's no need to fake, even the moisturiser ones are fake.

StickEmWithThePointyEnd Sat 06-Apr-13 21:49:36

Where would I get said colours done naturelover?

I really need an appointment with one of those beauty counter ladies as I haven't a clue. Preferably a child free appointment so I can actually listen to what is being said.

I think I'm the opposite of you fyou in that pale colours make me looked washed out rather than complimenting my skin tone. I need bold colours - well according to my mum anyway, who was better than me with this stuff!

OneLittleLady Sat 06-Apr-13 22:17:33

I am also very pale, look ridiculous in fake tan and have dyed red hair. I go for colours like teal, purple, deep/bright coral and reds. Nice sandals, lots of maxi skirts (for helping to protect my whiter than white legs!) and vests and cropped cardis in the mentioned colours are my summer staples.

Mrsrobertduvall Sun 07-Apr-13 12:41:09

I am very pale, but dark haired/ eyed.
I do not normally fake tan as I have never found one that's right. But having looked at my white pasty body in the mirror today, feel I need something. May try the Dove gradual one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now