Talk

Advanced search

Builders Bum - Help

(12 Posts)
ChompieMum Fri 05-Apr-13 19:41:21

Maybe a result of my muffin top but I cannot get my jeans to stay up even with a belt. Have tried high rise (high waisted make me look like a granny for some reason). Would a better belt help? All solutions gratefully received...

Bunbaker Fri 05-Apr-13 20:47:21

Braces grin.

Seriously though, I find that jeans/trousers that end just below my naval are the most flattering. Low rise is not a good look on anyone unless you are age 12 and size 6.

ChompieMum Fri 05-Apr-13 22:46:54

Thanks Bun. Anyone else have this problem or just me?

OneLittleLady Fri 05-Apr-13 22:48:09

Me and I am very short so god knows how low rise the jeans are on taller ladies. I don't want jeans that tuck under my norks but I would like some coverage. Builders bum is a poor look on anyone.

ChompieMum Sat 06-Apr-13 08:06:01

Poor you OneLittleLady. it is such a pain! I suspect it is worse for those who have to look at it than me. Though my posterior is a bit chilly. Anyone wish to save me and OneLittleLady from our cold butts?

ivanapoo Sat 06-Apr-13 08:17:22

Are you wearing the tightest possible jeans you can squeeze into? As they always give a bit.

If you are wearing skinnies make sure they have a decent Lycra content.

I also second choosing a slightly higher waist - it will help suck in your muffin top. As long as you wear a top that isn't too tight and is long enough to cover the tops of the pockets you won't look like a granny.

OrbisNonSufficit Sat 06-Apr-13 08:21:32

It really depends on the jeans. I have a rather, ahem, generous bottom so I have this problem a lot but I love low rise jeans. I had a revelation when I discovered they can be low in front and high at the back. It's mainly to do with the triangle bit at the top at the back - the more like a triangle the better (not rectangular).

ChompieMum Sat 06-Apr-13 08:53:24

Ooh dear me no ivanapoo. I do wear skinnies but not very tight in the bottom dept as I do like comfort too. I have Boden (better but still does it) gap and top shop baxters. Thanks Orbis and ivanapoo. Any jean/belt recommendations?

LadyintheRadiator Sat 06-Apr-13 08:59:54

I wear Topshop Kirstens a lot and don't feel at all granny like. New Look do some good, cheap high waisted jeans. Definitely buy the tightest you can - within an hour they will be just as comfy, but not baggy and horrible looking. I do wear non-high waisted too but with a good belt, otherwise I drive myself crazy pulling them up.

foxysocks Sat 06-Apr-13 09:03:09

Try on some High rise virtual skinnies from goldsign. Amazing! So flattering, hold you in, no chance of bottom flashing.

Jacksterbear Sat 06-Apr-13 09:10:02

I have this problem. I think it's the curse of the pear shape! I have Oasis cherry skinnies in various colours and they don't so this. They come up to my belly button and give a really flattering shape - fitted but without muffin tops.

ChompieMum Sun 07-Apr-13 12:10:35

Thanks v much all. Will try all of these and see how I get on. Builders bum be gone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now