Talk

Advanced search

Doublewear Shell has been discontinued-what now!?

(10 Posts)
mrscumberbatch Fri 05-Apr-13 19:37:45

Shit, shit and shitteth.

I have used this foundation for 10 years because it's the only one that suits my skintone.

Talk to me about pale foundations with pink tones with good coverage?

doubleshotespresso Fri 05-Apr-13 23:24:45

Ok I am the palest of pale with pink tones too so felt your pain when Dior discontinued my fav, am still searching tbh.

However, YSL do a great (quite dewy finish) one pale enough for me, lasts well and blends beautifully......

Otherwise, Lancôme and MAC do cover us pale ladies pretty well too.

And I use a cheaper one from bourjois that comes with a brush applicator when I'm in a rush , but this does not have the staying power of others...

Hope this helps?

mrscumberbatch Sat 06-Apr-13 02:13:15

This is all such a faff. I've become complacent about just slapping doublewear on for a decade.

I'll look into YSL, I have a friend who works for Dior and one at illamasqua so going to trial everything and start from scratch again.

I don't touch mac as find their service pretty appalling.

So so miffed. Why Estee Lauder?! Whyyyy!?

mirai Sat 06-Apr-13 02:14:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mirai Sat 06-Apr-13 02:15:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WandaDoff Sat 06-Apr-13 02:18:10

I hate to admit it. but I thought 'Doublewear shell' meant the awful nylon shellsuits that were available from the local market. common

mrscumberbatch Sat 06-Apr-13 02:26:05

They've replaced it with 'bone' but it's a different tone and makesme look ill.

Lol @ shellsuit. That would truly be a travesty.

Allthingspretty Sat 06-Apr-13 08:25:18

Could you maybe give their outlet a call. I think they call it the cosmetics company and they are at York and bicester village i think. They sell lots of e l brands so maybe they will have it in. Worth a try

Allthingspretty Sat 06-Apr-13 08:28:03

It's at the mcarthur glen outlet in York

DuvetHog Sat 06-Apr-13 10:12:56

Not wanting to raise too many hopes but I think DW shell is coming back around May / June time but EL haven't been more specific.

Fingers crossed for you Shell-ers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now