Talk

Advanced search

Bare Minerals- anyone use?

(6 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 05-Apr-13 14:55:06

There's a QVC Todays Special Value coming up (IIRC Saturday) which means I can try it out and if I don't like it , send it back (within the 30 days)

So...

will I like it? I don't wear any base (too lazy) skin is ok so no issues WRT to coverage.

How easy is it to get a good colour-match.? I have seen BM in shops and the range of colour is huge. There seems to be a 'medium beige suits most' kind of philosophy (unless you are very pale or olive-dark).
So I could go to a store for a look before and see what suits me.

Anyone experience sensitivities or allergies?
And how essential is it to use their brush? Would any old brush do, or is theirs special/

What about the blusher? Eyecolours? Primer? Mineral veil?

I've no idea what's in it or price at the moment.

thanks

JennySense Fri 05-Apr-13 15:28:07

I use BM and LilyLolo. I've never been much of a foundation wearer so it's suited me. It is a bit of a faff getting used to the application though and it can be messy!
A kabuki brush is good for applying the foundation but a big blusher brussh would work too.
I use almost exclusively mineral make up now. I've built up my collection from neutrals to evening makeup.
I started with:
Foundation
Powder [mineral veil type]
Eyeshadows x 3 - cream, light brown, dark brown
blusher

I think it helps if you've got good skin, but you can control the coverage with how much powder you use.

SarahGoodwin33 Fri 05-Apr-13 16:23:30

i use their foundation as mineral based make up is recommended for people that have had electrolysis.
I love it and have never looked back (used Clinique super balanced before).
I had a colour match done in store in Bluewater which I booked an appt for, took about 30 mins and they took off what I had on and re-applied the BM one.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 07-Apr-13 01:15:41

OK.
I've taken the plunge and ordered the set.
There's the BM foundation
Concealer
Primer (with an SPF 30)
Lipgloss
Night Serum
Double ended brush
Mineral veil

For £42 ish + £5 p&p

grin Wish me luck (I'll need to practice loads )

Speedos Sun 07-Apr-13 06:50:55

70 I've used BM for years but you really need to get your colour matched at a counter, there are so many shades and I was wearing the wrong one for a while (I just got any old light one). Once I had the correct shade it has made a big difference.

AllOverIt Sun 07-Apr-13 06:53:49

I do and I haven't looked back.

I am 'fairly light' but have a medium one for summer with a tan

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now