Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Desperately seeking: Hair style to hide my grey roots?

(5 Posts)
CassieTheCockatoo Fri 05-Apr-13 13:11:42

Hello,

I am seeking a new do that will hide my roots. I started getting grey hair at 16 and have been coloring my hair ever since. I don't mind coloring but hate having to go to the salon so often (hair must be pretty much all grey now). I use "root touch up" between visits but is there a way I can style my hair to hide the grey a little better?

I have shoulder length straight-ish brown hair. I have a part on the side and sometimes do a zig zag part but that's all I can think of!

Thanks!

carabossse Fri 05-Apr-13 13:15:30

How do you feel about wearing a fabric hairband ? If worn at your hairline it can hide grey hairs and you may avoid having a parting, or at least a severe parting.

CassieTheCockatoo Fri 05-Apr-13 13:37:33

Hmmm I think headbands look a bit severe on my face unfortunately....

I loathe grey hair :-(

applecrumbleandcream Fri 05-Apr-13 21:02:17

Have you tried having a full fringe? I don't have one now but it was great for grey hair as the parting is less on show.

CassieTheCockatoo Fri 05-Apr-13 23:53:29

I haven't Apple -I have never had a fringe but have contemplated getting one.

Do you think it would make it better? I am open to that idea!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: