Talk

Advanced search

Zara down jacket - anyone else had feathers coming out?

(7 Posts)
shelldockley Thu 04-Apr-13 20:49:34

Did anyone else buy the long down-filled Zara coat that was really popular this winter, and have you found it's got really tatty with all the feathers coming out? It was £80 which is good for a down jacket but still disappointing as I've only had it since October. Do you think they'd return it?

shelldockley Fri 05-Apr-13 12:14:03

Anyone?

mycatlikestwiglets Fri 05-Apr-13 12:28:58

I have the equivalent from the previous winter and feathers started coming out of mine fairly early on too. I don't think it looks too bad (I just pull them out) and have assumed it's a problem which goes hand in hand with buying a (relatively) cheap down coat. If yours looks really bad though no reason why you can't have a go at returning it.

10outof10 Fri 05-Apr-13 19:32:26

Yes, same problem here. The belt is also rubbish. Would try taking it back but the nearest store is 1 hour away and I've lost the receipt. Also, saw it vastly reduced about a month ago.

I've got one from last year (or the year before?) and it's been fine. I've washed and dried it a few times too. I never use the belt because I rarely zip it up (get too hot, even in this weather), just keep it clipped round the back. The sip is fiddly though and jams at the bottom.

shelldockley Sat 06-Apr-13 10:30:19

I might try taking it back if I can find the receipt then, will have to get a replacement first though if this weather is going to continue!

BikeRunSki Sat 06-Apr-13 10:38:20

I have had a few down jackets (outdoorsy type), the quality and cost of down varies a lot, and at the cheaper end of the market the feathers are bigger and spikier and leak out. A the top end, it's mostly tiny, fluffy goose down, with double/triple seams to hold it in. A wee bit of leakage is always to be expected though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now