Talk

Advanced search

Toast - how is the quality and sizing?

(13 Posts)
Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 04-Apr-13 18:56:59

I've not bought from them before but there are a couple of things catching my eye and I have questions!

Does the sizing run true to the information on their website, and what is the quality like?

grin Didn't read the topic it was in and expected it to be about slices and brands!

TapselteerieO Thu 04-Apr-13 19:02:44

Vanity sizing from a quick google mumsnet + toast + sizing tells all really. I haven't the budget or height for toast, so can't help really.

ATouchOfStuffing Thu 04-Apr-13 19:12:00

I was wondering the same thing as the jumpers look like they may actually be long enough for my monkey arms...am 5''9 and struggle with arm length

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 04-Apr-13 19:35:31

Oh do you need to be tall?

sad

WowOoo Thu 04-Apr-13 19:49:50

There are often little notes about the sizing - whether it's true or a little on the large size. For me, it's usually spot on.

I am happy with the quality. I had one item that I wasn't happy with recently. I wrote to let them know. I sent it back with recepit. They refunded me the full price, even though I'd had it for almost a year.
I told them I'd bought it in the sale. They said 'no problem'. Very happy!

I bought stuff from them years and years ago when they only had a few branches and what I haven't ruined myself or that doesn't fit is still in good nick. But then, I have Topshop stuff from years ago too!

williaminajetfighter Thu 04-Apr-13 20:01:33

Sizing is true but generally the styles are for thin boyish women with no bums who can wear a straight up and down tunic.

If you've got boobs or a bum or a waist... Forget it!

TapselteerieO Thu 04-Apr-13 20:04:25

I think of someone with a figure like Tilda Swinton as being the average Toast shopper.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 04-Apr-13 20:23:06

Right, it is the wrong shop for me then.

Boobs - tick
Bum - tick
Waist - tick

Ho hum.

williaminajetfighter Thu 04-Apr-13 20:42:03

Plus no elastanw in the fabric so no give.

SilverSixpence Thu 04-Apr-13 20:54:23

I have returned loads of things which have been huge on me at the size I normally buy elsewhere. There are some pieces which are more forgiving, I love the bamboo dress I bought from there in the winter sale.

williaminajetfighter Thu 04-Apr-13 20:57:22

I meant to add that their jersey dresses and tops are lovely.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 04-Apr-13 21:03:25

One of the things I like the look of is a jersey tunic thing.

I shall have a think about it.

Thanks very much for all your help smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now