Talk

Advanced search

Phillip Kingsley Elasticizer- how to get the best results:

(14 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 04-Apr-13 17:40:56

So... it's a pre-wash treatment.

Do you use it on dry or damp hair?
Overnight or shorter time?
Clingfilm to keep the heat in or towel-wrap?
Rinse out or shampoo out?

How do you use it to get the best from the product?

(My hair is medium texture, boring brown, one length shoulder skimming bob type)

TIA

faustina Thu 04-Apr-13 20:39:35

I follow the instructions on the box. Damp hair, towel dry, apply mainly to ends or halfway up. put the silly plastic shower cap thing on, wrap towel around it, spend half an hour on mumsnet, then shampoo off and conditioner. Do that once a week.

AlwaysSleepingBeauty Thu 04-Apr-13 20:40:18

I wet my hair before applying as it instructs, then I put on a warm towel or shower cap for about half an hour before washing out.

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 04-Apr-13 20:53:23

A hair turban from poundland comes in handy for over the plastic cap. More secure.

gladyoucame Thu 04-Apr-13 21:14:21

I take the easy option smile, put it on as instructions then leave in overnight and wash out in morning. Use towel on pillow or hair turban.

midnightinmoscow Thu 04-Apr-13 22:03:22

Is it any good?

faustina Fri 05-Apr-13 06:30:38

it's brilliant

midnightinmoscow Fri 05-Apr-13 09:51:16

Would it work for me?

I have shoulder length, thick hair, lots of layers. Looks ok web I have done it with the BBH, but does have a tendency to go a bit fuzzy and lose its style by the afternoon.

Will this make me sleek and smooth?

faustina Fri 05-Apr-13 12:48:26

you can buy little sizes - maybe try one of those? as far as I remember the John lewis website has millions of reviews - perhaps go and have a read? My hair is v dry and frizzy/curly and I find it wonderful

MisterUdagawa Fri 05-Apr-13 12:56:39

i thought it was REALLY rubbish - my hair is like yours OP. What a waste of money

Chipstick10 Fri 05-Apr-13 18:14:35

It's pretty brill IMO. I rather fancy trying the ojon hair mask but not sure if its in the same league.

faustina Fri 05-Apr-13 18:25:03

I thought it was crap at first, but I don't think I was leaving it on for long enough.

I have some and have used it 2/3 times and thought that it was pretty rubbish. The Ojon stuff is good but smells like fags hmm and Kerastase is good too with no noxious smells.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 05-Apr-13 18:33:22

I've tried the Ojon (it's in a tub, you scoop it out with the comb and 'melt' it in your hands first).
It smells tobacco-ey sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now