Talk

Advanced search

peg trousers - have I missed the fashion boat?

(8 Posts)
milkwasabadchoice Thu 04-Apr-13 11:57:45

I'm 5 foot 8 inches, roughly a size 10 and I am SICK of skinny bloody jeans. I'm breastfeeding so I cant wear any of my lovely dresses, and its too cold to wear skirts (not really a skirt person anyway).

So, what about peg trousers? Are they going out of fashion now? I'm usually right at the back end of fashion trends so I suspect they are! If they're still deemed ok, can they ever look good on someone who's not 22 and who's not wearing high heels?

Any successful peggers out there? Advice please.

Or suggestions for alternative trouser options. Please don't say boyfriend jeans - I'm scruffy enough already!

milkwasabadchoice Thu 04-Apr-13 16:34:01

Bump!

No one out there wear pegs? That's telling me something already....

MarshaBrady Thu 04-Apr-13 16:34:53

They sound good, any links to ones you like?

mewkins Thu 04-Apr-13 19:33:26

What do you mean by peg trousers? I have many cotton twill trousers which I roll to ankle length....look good with brogues, ballet pumps and sandals and good for smart casual. Mix of Gap and Oasis. Is that what you mean? Still too cokd for me to wear them at the mo. Brrrr

milkwasabadchoice Thu 04-Apr-13 20:25:16

I mean tapered trousers that are relatively loose around the thighs/bottom. I shall now attempt A Link. Stand back everyone:

asos trousers

I don't love these but this is the shape I'm thinking of.

SizzleSazz Thu 04-Apr-13 20:26:48

I wore some today - gok ones. However I am nowhere near at the forefront if fashion....

SizzleSazz Thu 04-Apr-13 20:27:50

Oh and mine are more tailored than those in the link and I wore them to work with a cropped jacket

noddyholder Thu 04-Apr-13 20:29:32

I love that shape

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now