Talk

Advanced search

How do i get glowing skin whilst wearing Estee Lauder DW?

(8 Posts)
WileyRoadRunner Thu 04-Apr-13 11:51:48

Ok, whenever i do my foundation i find it hard to get a "healthy" look. Blusher or bronzer just looks overkill however gently i apply.

I am fair, with combination skin prone to breakouts, in mid 30's.

Would love to have a natural glow rather than a Boy George bronzer look. I have got some Clinique illuminating highlighter but no idea how to use it - should i mix it with the foundation?

Fanjounchained Thu 04-Apr-13 14:40:28

Have u tried just lightly contouring your face with your bronzer rather than all over your face ? I use a powder highlighter, used to use bobbi brown shimmer brick but now use an eyeshadow from accessorize, think it's called moon dust. It's not top glittery and gives a nice glow above my cheek bones. Also sweep a little down my nose.

I use soap and glory's cheek tint over mine as it gives a very natural blush. highlighter is best used on a small brush and swept gently over top of cheekbones, and a touch on end of nose and chin very sparingly though. combine this with the contouring sweep of bronzer again sparingly.

Fanjounchained Thu 04-Apr-13 15:29:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LadyMountbatten Thu 04-Apr-13 15:35:36

You need to change your foundation. This should be doing it for you.

ggirl Thu 04-Apr-13 15:44:18

Estee Lauder DW gives a cake face look ime , you need YSL foundation , great for combo skin.
For a healthy glow use benefit bentint on cheeks. I use chacha colour which is peachy and very natural , only need a teeny bit

miche8 Thu 04-Apr-13 15:45:09

The double wear gives too much coverage and is matt. Do you really need all that coverage? The new Ysl foundation is very nice and makes me glow, I got a sample the other day.

WileyRoadRunner Thu 04-Apr-13 17:04:53

Hmmm maybe I will try a different foundation. The DW is the only one that has worked for me - I just find it gives a nice even coverage. I did wonder about trying one of the more high street type foundations.

My skin has large pores and is quite uneven which is why I like the ELDW, it doesn't look cakes but yes it is very matte and I'm not sure if that's te best look for me anymore.

Maybe I need to spend some time trying to practice with some of the hundreds products I have lurking in my make up bag!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now