Talk

Advanced search

Vivienne Westwood jewellery

(15 Posts)
LadyBarlow Thu 04-Apr-13 09:53:05

I've been lusting after this bracelet for my birthday ( a big one! wink) & need opinions!
Anyone got any Viv jewellery? Worth the money & beautiful or a bit naff?

http://www.viviennewestwood.co.uk/shop/jewellery/bracelets/mini-bas-relief-pearl-bracelet-crystal-466/

Other suggestions would be great- I'm not a Pandora fan!

OneLittleLady Thu 04-Apr-13 09:57:45

I love Westwood jewellery personally, I think it's lovely. If you love it, go for it. The only thing that matters is that you like it

LadyBarlow Thu 04-Apr-13 10:02:59

Thanks- I love it but its £85!!! I haven't seen any Viv jewellery in 'real life' so am a bit unsure if its worth the £. I need to just order it i think!

OneLittleLady Thu 04-Apr-13 10:08:26

All the stuff I have is beautifully made and definitely worth the £££. It might be costume jewellery but it's a whole world away from high street costume jewellery in terms of feel and finish.

Allthingspretty Thu 04-Apr-13 10:10:37

I think op that house of fraser may sell it. I am sure my local branch do. Can you ring your local hof to find out?

TapselteerieO Thu 04-Apr-13 10:14:58

Not my kind of bling, but if you love it you should go for it.

I prefer this and anything from smaller independent makers in general.

LadyBarlow Thu 04-Apr-13 10:20:40

Ok, I couldn't find much info about stockists but will definitely try HoF.
TapselteerioO Ive seen that bracelet & love it! That would be my back up!

noddyholder Thu 04-Apr-13 10:27:17

My ds has a VW signet ring its lovely quality

mrscumberbatch Thu 04-Apr-13 14:45:30

£85 is a lot for faux pearls and faux rhodium (ie: plastic and metal.)

Rattitude Thu 04-Apr-13 16:07:12

Yep, I completely agree with mrscumberbatch's point. The VW bracelet is outrageously expensive for what it is made up of.

TapselteerioO's suggestion is made up of real pearls at least and only £20.

Allthingspretty Thu 04-Apr-13 16:10:02

If you like it and can afford it buy it. Life is too short

Rattitude Thu 04-Apr-13 16:16:26

Allthingspretty makes a valid point too. wink

Fairyliz Thu 04-Apr-13 16:24:29

My daughter had some earrings for her 18th birthday. I didn't think they were worth the money, but as she has worn them nearly every day since then the cost per wear is pretty good.
If the bracelet is something you love go or it.

I really like VW stuff BUT dd1 treated herself to an orb necklace with her first pay cheque and it broke within a couple of weeks. She chose to get a refund, rather than a replacement.

littlemissnormal Thu 04-Apr-13 21:30:01

I've got an orb necklace and pair of studs and I love them! Well worth the money IMO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now