Talk

Advanced search

Pants!

(17 Posts)
lastSplash Wed 03-Apr-13 19:40:20

I have a sudden desire to buy some knickers online to replace my ageing collection.

I want ones with no frills, bows, lace, flowers, no silk or satin fussy froufrou nonsense...

Spots and stripes and bright colours are good, 100% cotton shorts and hipsters are good, sets with matching bras are good.

Can I be helped? Where shall I start?

Thank you mumsnet style and beauty queens!

lastSplash Wed 03-Apr-13 19:52:01

Oh go on, someone knows where the secret cool and frill-free pantshop is.

JumpHerWho Wed 03-Apr-13 20:20:00

Try Figleaves? Massive range at really good filters for style and size. Lots of different brands at all prices - here

lastSplash Wed 03-Apr-13 20:29:00

Thanks for the tip JumpHerWho, good call, I'll check them out now

Emo76 Wed 03-Apr-13 20:34:56

Gap worth a look. M&S usually have something like that too.

I think Figleaves is a good suggestion too, huge range.

lastSplash Wed 03-Apr-13 20:54:52

Thanks Emo - off to see what Gap have on offer.

Neither M&S nor Figleaves had anything unfortunately - the colourful cotton always has bows, lace, flowers or something equally annoying, and the plain ones come in utilititarian nude, black or white...

Cheerful red polka dots are not to be found!

Hetaera Wed 03-Apr-13 21:19:16

I remember reading on here about the John Lewis ones being good (multipacks I think). If you're feeling ££££, Bodas are very nice, as are Wacoal and Wolford.

TigerseyeMum Wed 03-Apr-13 21:26:59

I just got some smooth but bright ones in M&S today. Polka dog I git from Debenhams once but they also had frills and ribbons.

I despair at finding proper, sexy, well fitting pants. John Lewis occasionally have good but sexy ones.

TigerseyeMum Wed 03-Apr-13 21:29:44

Typos <sigh>

EmmaCB1 Wed 03-Apr-13 21:36:16

I got some no nonsense plain black sloggi pants (can't bring myself to use the word knickers...) from Figleaves a while ago and bought some Figleaves own brand ones at the same time to try as they were cheaper. The sloggis are still black and have held their shape while the own brand ones are saggy and grey!

lastSplash Wed 03-Apr-13 22:22:13

Oh loads of leads to go on now, thanks all thanks

carrie74 Thu 04-Apr-13 03:07:42

Gap excellent, Victoria's Secret a new find for me, and awesome.

Fairylea Thu 04-Apr-13 04:25:21

Tu at Sainsburys! Honestly. So pretty and comfortable. I've even converted my mum who is very particular about having nice knickers !

Eastpoint Thu 04-Apr-13 07:18:12

Gilly Hicks (available on line or in shopping centres) has navy with red spots, stripes etc. No bows or sticky out decorations. My teenage DD who is size 4 UK fits their XS to give you some idea. I think another teenage girl we know who is an 8 also fits XS. Probably no use if you are over a 12.

lastSplash Thu 04-Apr-13 10:43:22

I have a long list of places to investigate now - thank you all!

I am narrowing my eyes suspiciously at the word pretty Fairylea.

Sadly Gilly Hicks is made for a smaller species than me Eastpoint but good to be warned before I tried to venture into one of their scary looking shops...

101handbags Thu 04-Apr-13 11:14:44

I like all the invisible knickers on the Debenhams website.

I second TU and I recently on the back of the bra fitting thread bought a white and mint spotted bra and pants from ... of all places George. cheap and very very comfy and nice too washes well and love the cotton feel.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now