Talk

Advanced search

Can you point me to some work trousers and shoes, available on the Internet?

(3 Posts)
thing1andthing2 Wed 03-Apr-13 19:33:01

I'm coming to the end of a year's maternity leave with dc2. I've just chucked out my 10 year old smart trousers for generally being wide leg and unfashionable plus I'm half a stone lighter than pre pregnancy.
I now own two pairs of jeans and two pairs of leggings and that's itblush.
(Well, skirts as well).
For work I just need to be one step up from jeans and leggings, not super smart (am an academic). Can you point me towards pleasant, fashionable trousers for a work environment? I'm a size 12, maybe a 10 in some places.
Also my shoes are about to fall apart and I now only have Mary-Janes, sandals, or snow boots. I need a pair that look good but can hold up to the elements. I've had my head down in poo and vomit and mush for nearly a year and don't really know what people are wearing these days. blush
I rarely go into the city centre to shop as it is so busy and not really fair on the kids (3yo and 9mo). So if it is available online I would be very happy.

Emo76 Wed 03-Apr-13 20:14:06

hi - not sure what your budget is but I have found Massimo Dutti and Zara online to be very good sources of work wear. Also would you consider having a pair of flat shoes for travel to and from work, and keeping a pair of heels at work to change in to -if that's your style? I have done the whole Working Girl thing of trainers with suit on the way to and from work before, i make no claims of it being stylish but it is very comfy!

Good luck for your return for work!

thing1andthing2 Wed 03-Apr-13 20:54:45

Both of those websites look grea although I'm more at the Zara en of the budget £30 - £40.
Was thinking lace up ankle boots? Not summery but hey, when are we likely to ever get warm weather? Not soon, it's snowing outside right now! I'm definitely a flats kind of girl as I walk everywhere, and I only have medical students to impress grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now