Talk

Advanced search

Help please, I feel like a dried up prune since returning to work in an office!

(8 Posts)
Jemster Wed 03-Apr-13 18:10:51

I've been back at my office job for two weeks after maternity and I've noticed a horrible dryness in my skin, eyes and mouth. It must be something to do with the heating at work but it's seriously drying me out!

No matter how much moisturiser I put on my face feels dry and looks flaky and dull. How can I find a really good moisturiser without spending a fortune trialling them all?

My eyes have become incredibly sore and dry probably not helped by all the computer work, annd my lips are dry as a bone despite using a burts bees lipbalm. I am drinking a few large glasses of water while at work but am still feeling dried up!

Any suggestions really appreciated, this morning my eyes were so dry they really hurt!

TigerseyeMum Wed 03-Apr-13 21:33:44

I use a facial spray like the white tea one from Neals Yard. I get very dry eyes, lips and skin. I also use their night cream and a good day cream. Instead of foundation I use Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser.

TigerseyeMum Wed 03-Apr-13 21:35:14

For lips I use Blisteze - it's the only thing that works, and Boits eye drops are on offer at the moment.

I can't think of anything else, sorry.

Iatemyskinnyperson Wed 03-Apr-13 21:59:27

How about a Facial Oil? Argan or Rosehip are nice. I got mine in the health food shop for around £10. I prefer the ones from health food shops cos many of the 'cosmetic' ones can have large proportion of v cheap base oils. Mine both say 100% organic oil.

Lips- my fav is Avene cold cream for lips

SomethingOnce Wed 03-Apr-13 23:42:02

I had/have this, OP and I know what you mean about moisturiser - it only ever feels like oil over dryness, never properly moisturised.

I think air-con makes it worse because the air is so dry, as well as warm.

How old is your DC now? I do wonder if it takes a long while for the body to fully recover from pregnancy and the post-partum period...

Numberlock Wed 03-Apr-13 23:42:39

I swear by E45.

EMUZ Thu 04-Apr-13 00:27:51

For eyes optrex eye spray. You can use it through the day and you spray it on closed eyelids (cheaper on eBay) wink

la roche posay cicaplast (sp?) for day and coconut oil at night. Bravura vitamin C mask weekly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now