Talk

Advanced search

How do you clean jewellery?

(8 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 03-Apr-13 14:54:58

I've got costume jewellery (which I don't clean) but I wear silver CZ stud ear-rings day and night (so yes, in the shower and when i wash my hair)

Is there a cleaner you'd all recommend.?
Those ultra-sonic buzzy ones with the fluid?
Or the dip in cleaning fluid ones?

Any opinions thanks

ujjayi Wed 03-Apr-13 15:27:24

Goddards Silver Polish is good. I got great results this weekend with extremely tarnished silver earrings.

ujjayi Wed 03-Apr-13 15:28:26

Forgot to add: you apply with soft cloth, leave to dry (a few mins) and then buff up.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 03-Apr-13 15:45:48

Will it clean earrings? I'm thinking the butterfly fastenings and the area where the stone sits.
They look really dull and grubby. I don't think I could get a polishing cloth into a small area that these.

OneLittleLady Wed 03-Apr-13 15:53:21

I always put my sterling silver in a tin foil lined tub, put in some bicarb/baking soda and fill with hot water. You have to wait a while and top up the solution every so often but it always cleans my silver up a treat.

SofaCanary Wed 03-Apr-13 16:01:29

I don't blush

barleysugar Wed 03-Apr-13 16:58:49

Old toothbrush and fairy liquid!

Bunbaker Wed 03-Apr-13 17:06:00

I tried OneLittleLady's method recently and it works brilliantly, especially for fiddly stuff. I always have foil and bicarbonate of soda in the house anyway, so no need to go out and buy more chemicals.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now