Talk

Advanced search

Please can you help me find some jeans?

(13 Posts)
Trazzletoes Wed 03-Apr-13 14:17:35

I desperately need some jeans!!! I have very limited shopping time and have tried Topshop, Next, Dorothy Perkins...

I'm a size 16. Can I find a pair of jeans that are not skinny fit? NO! ARGH! I in no way look good in skinny jeans. I look disgusting.

I just want a nice, normal pair of normal jeans that do not feel the need to mould themselves to every cell of my lower body!

I'm so desperate that I'm considering going to the Levi's shop. Surely they must sell normal jeans? I really don't want to have to pay their prices though.
WHERE ARE ALL THE NORMAL JEANS, PEOPLE?! WHERE ARE THEY?!!!!!

Thanks.

hedgefund Wed 03-Apr-13 14:27:23

Gap/Zara?

MorrisZapp Wed 03-Apr-13 14:31:00

Marks and Spencers have straight legs, boot cuts, flares and boyfriends.

SnowHOHOboarder Wed 03-Apr-13 14:32:31

Have you tried Hollister?

I had it in my head that it was a shop that just catered for lithe beanpole 15 year olds but I have just bought two pairs of gorgeous jeans from there with a slight boot cut flare, very flattering in dark denim. I normally cry when trying on jeans I find it that traumatic but since all my others have practically disintegrated I had no choice but to seek some out. I'm not a fan of the super skinny style either as they make my legs look like chicken drummers.

Oh btw Hollister have 25% off on all purchases at the moment so I got 2 pairs of jeans for about 80 quid. Bargain!

fluffyanimal Wed 03-Apr-13 14:32:43

Have you tried M&S? they have a range of jeans for different body shapes, each style has a different girl's name. I have quite chubby calves so I don't do skinny jeans either and I got a great pair there. They usually have the best range of different styles - straight leg, boot leg, boyfriend etc.

I also have worn the Gap Curvy Flair jeans.

blibblibs Wed 03-Apr-13 14:43:22

I am wearing a lovely pair of dark blue straight leg jeans (can't do skinny either) from sainsbury's! £12 or £14 and they are the best jeans I've had in ages.

Fairylea Wed 03-Apr-13 14:44:35

H and m straight leg.

Or next lift and shape.

Trazzletoes Wed 03-Apr-13 14:52:45

Fairy the only lift and shape (well, the only jeans at all) that Next had in store in ANY size were skinny fit! I was like, come on! That's not a choice!

Thanks for your suggestions. An embarrassed that I didn't even think of M&S. I don't have time to get to Sainsburys but will bear them in mind. I didn't think Hollister catered for size 16 but will have a sneaky peek as well!

Thanks

MorrisZapp Wed 03-Apr-13 15:06:50

Hollister won't have a size 16. Save the shoe leather smile I'm a 14 and they don't have that either.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Wed 03-Apr-13 15:08:27

Most of my jeans at the moment are from Boden - I was most surprised at how well they fitted. They were about £50 iirc.

Trazzletoes Fri 05-Apr-13 16:58:34

Quick update: I managed to get in to town today and headed for M&S... Predictably even most of their range are sodding jeggings and skinnies.

Anyway, managed to find a rather lovely pair that fit, look nice, are a nice colour, won't give me a builder's bum... And all for the princely sum of £12.50!!!

I'm trying to shift some timber so really don't feel bad about spending that much On A pair of jeans I will hopefully slim out of in a few weeks.

Thanks for your tips! I'm eternally grateful!

Silverstar2 Fri 05-Apr-13 17:38:42

My problem is the length - I need a 29inch or else they drag the floor. Also need a size 18, and shops seem to to think if you are an 18 you are tall - not so. But I sometimes find petite ranges too short, and seem to be small all over.

I have had some nice pairs from Simply Be - the Eve bootcut, 29" leg, dark blue are good, £35.

TheDemonShedMaster Fri 05-Apr-13 20:41:50

I feel your pain. I found salvation in the Boden catalogue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now