Talk

Advanced search

Help with hair dye/application please

(2 Posts)
HaveAGoodDay Wed 03-Apr-13 11:43:52

Okay so last time my hair was coloured at the hairdressers. She used a mix of two colours, a deep chocolate brown with a hint of mahogany. It turned out lovely, a bit on the dark side, but nice all the same.

That was 7 weeks ago & although it was a permanent colour, it has lifted a little to a lighter colour. Anyway, my roots are now showing, just over half an inch, my natural colour, auburn which is quite obvious because it looks so much lighter next to the darker dyed hair. I'd love to go back to the salon & get the colour done again but can't afford to, it was a birthday treat last time!

So now I'm looking for a similar home colour! A deep chocolatey brown with a hint of mahogany, but bearing in mind I have that inch or so of lighter roots so don't want to end up with bright red roots! What brand or shade do I go for? Any recommendations?

JennySense Wed 03-Apr-13 18:04:39

I've just used John Frieda precision foam in rich chocolate brown and I'm very pleased with the results.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now