Talk

Advanced search

Kate Moss's "sublime sense of style"

(14 Posts)
Lighthousekeeping Wed 03-Apr-13 11:42:19

I love Kate but, this outfit, 50's beatnik?? It's not for me. I'm trying to remember when we wore those tasked jackets. www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2303026/Kate-Moss-plays-doting-parent-takes-daughter-Lila-Grace-lunch-Easter-holidays.html

hedgefund Wed 03-Apr-13 11:44:01

ooh i like it alot! very midnight cowboy

Fluxedo Wed 03-Apr-13 11:54:26

Noooo I hate it! But I've never liked her style - I'm sure she is v fashionable and trend-setting but I've never looked at her and thought 'yes, I want that outfit'.

Gigondas Wed 03-Apr-13 11:56:41

Why is she playing the doting parent ? Why any need to comment on this at all? Except i forget this is the fail so judging and sneering is the whole aim.

ToastedTeacakes Wed 03-Apr-13 12:15:31

Gigondas, they added the ciggie pic to encourage it, obviously. Her role as a parent makes for good sneer fodder. What daddy (or stepdad) does isn't relevant to the Daily Vom.

ujjayi Wed 03-Apr-13 13:01:27

Yep that tassel jacket belongs back in 1984, together with squaw boots and slouchy socks wink.

I do generally like Kate's style because although she isn't outrageously "different" she does do her own thing regardless of what is deemed to be in fashion. I like that she often looks a bit rough rather than eternally immaculately groomed smile.

Unless someone is actively involved with the day to day of family living, I don't see how anyone is qualified to comment on her parenting skills.

CambridgeBlue Wed 03-Apr-13 13:07:43

For someone supposedly so edgy and stylish those look an awful lot like Mum Boots to me...

SherbetVodka Wed 03-Apr-13 15:37:43

For someone supposedly so edgy and stylish those look an awful lot like Mum Boots to me...

Maybe. But there is nothing remotely mumsy about her outfit so it doesn't really matter. I think Mum Boots are only really Mum Boots if the whole outfit is frumpy and passé smile

OneLittleLady Wed 03-Apr-13 15:43:55

Smoking isn't nice admittedly but what does it have to do with her ability to parent her child? Annoys me when they try to make out she's a terrible parent just because she smokes.

libertychick Wed 03-Apr-13 16:11:51

Horrible judgmental article <makes mental note to NOT click daily mail links again>

freerangeeggs Wed 03-Apr-13 16:45:05

I think the jacket's really nice.

Lighthousekeeping Wed 03-Apr-13 16:51:39

It does remind me of my 80's youth so, I wouldn't wear it. I like the daughters Converse would you say they are grey?

CambridgeBlue Wed 03-Apr-13 20:40:41

SherbetVodka (great name by the way!) - I think you're right. I can't imagine KM in a fleece and slightly too short bootcut jeans which is the S&B cardinal sin of mumsy dressing.

OneLittleLady Wed 03-Apr-13 21:20:57

I don't own a fleece and ALL my jeans, bootcut or otherwise, are too long so I think I'm safe from the dreaded 'mumsy' look for the time being grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now