Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Quick! Experienced henna and/or indigo users over here, please..?!

(7 Posts)
ThatGhastlyWoman Tue 02-Apr-13 21:49:55

So, am about to buy a henna/indigo kit from henna-boy to help cover some of the crop of grey hairs that have suddenly cropped up around my hairline (dammit). On a previous thread somewhere on here, someone mentioned Amla powder as the product to use to help the dye 'take' on the grey hairs.

Just to be sure, I emailed customer services, but they've advised me to use a different product first. (Shikakai powder). Even their own website differs from this- only the description for the Amla mentions white/grey hairs at all.

Amla description
Shikakai description

My hair has just been cut drastically and is in pretty good, undamaged condition. It's naturally quite fine, if that's relevant.

Words of wisdom gratefully received, small shrines built in honour of the most helpful. Thanks! grin

insertname Tue 02-Apr-13 21:53:18

You can't dye over the top of henna. That's all I know <bitter>

ThatGhastlyWoman Tue 02-Apr-13 22:00:58

Thanks, insertname. That's the one thing I do know, at least! Hope it was sorted without recourse to clippers... confused

AgathaF Wed 03-Apr-13 07:34:20

I don't know anything about the henna-boy products, but I use Lush henna and indigo (marron and noir blocks) and don't need to use anything first to help it take on my (many) grey hairs.

insertname Wed 03-Apr-13 08:40:55

Came back to add that - I used lush henna cacoa rouge and it looked amazing - grey hairs came out brighter and I didn't use anything else at all.

babybarrister Wed 03-Apr-13 08:50:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ThatGhastlyWoman Wed 03-Apr-13 22:18:15

Thanks! Ordered it last night, hopefully will arrive in time for the weekend. Saturday night = Swamp Monster night: him indoors will be thrilled. grin

Shall let you know if I end up looking all carrot parrot...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now