Talk

Advanced search

Swimsuit help, giant norks

(11 Posts)
doggydaft Tue 02-Apr-13 21:30:53

I will have to wear a costume on holiday this year. (surrounded by skinny bikini wearers.....whole other story)
I wear a 34J bra blush am about a size 14 on the rest of me, have big belly and midriff (attractive much?) and very very unattractive heavy dimply thighs. I definitely am a woman who looks much better with my kit on so wise and wonderful ladies please advise me.
I'm 41 if that matters and definitely no bikinis....too many stretchmarks.

Bjxa21 Tue 02-Apr-13 21:35:28

Doggy, try bravissimo, they do great tankinis and one pieces. Also invest in a decent sarong, covers up a multitude of sins! Hth, I feel for you, am the same size as you!

SweepTheHalls Tue 02-Apr-13 21:38:45

Get ones with integral bra cups. A proper sized one. They transform your shape in a bikini! www.mycurvesandme.com/swimwear.html

ATouchOfStuffing Tue 02-Apr-13 21:42:56

My friend is very well norked and was impressed with Matalan last year. Good luck!

doggydaft Tue 02-Apr-13 21:44:41

Thanks ladies, the problem seems to be the J cup, plenty of choice in the G and H but then it all seems to disappear.....I'm yearning for the days when I thought my FF's were huge smile

sassytheFIRST Tue 02-Apr-13 21:46:58

As a fellow j-er I feel yr pain.

Bravissimo sort me out - I have bikini top, tanking top, bikini bottoms and a proper swimsuit with cuppage. £££ tho.

Catmint Tue 02-Apr-13 22:12:07

Fig leaves have 2tankini tops in 34j and one of them is in the sale.

Catmint Tue 02-Apr-13 22:17:50

Ooh, and there is a high waisted brief which looks as if it has control panelling, too.

I am 34h and got tankini from fig leaves two weeks ago, it was cheaper than bravissimo.

I got a plain black one, sorry I don't think it goes up to a j, but it was also by panache, and for the bottoms I got a skirt! They also had black panache bikini folds briefs size 18 in the sale for a fiver so I got them too. Just thinking if you went for the charcoal tankini you may be able to get away with black bottoms, which might give you a diff look but be a bit cheaper.

Good luck!

Queenofknickers Tue 02-Apr-13 22:22:50

Can't recommend Bravissimo enough - especially if you can get to one of their shops - their fitters are very special people who gave me the confidence to wear a bikini after 2 kids!

Ps you sound like a lovely shape - remember you are thinner than Marilyn Monroe and she looked fab xx

doggydaft Tue 02-Apr-13 22:43:20

Off to have a look Catmint, thank you queen x

beanandspud Wed 03-Apr-13 11:23:35

I would recommend Figleaves or Bravissimo as well - both have been good for swimwear designed for us ladies with ample norks grin.

Have a look at M&S online as well, last year they had a range of bigger sizes that weren't in the shops.

And don't completely discount a bikini. Figleaves have quite a few with a 'folded brief' that comes up higher, covers some tummy and with a good fitting top is quite flattering.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now