Talk

Advanced search

Cigarette pants

(12 Posts)
LaTrucha Tue 02-Apr-13 20:35:02

Can you point me to any good ones? I've never tried any on and have to buy online so it's a total gamble but I think I want some navyish ones or grey instead of jeans.

I am 12 curvy 12, so they have to suit a woman with a thigh on her. I am never too sure what body shape I am, mainly as I am living in denial about the weight I have put on since having children and don't want to think about it. I do know I look just plain foolish in skinny jeans and prefer straight or slim ones. There's a not very useful picture of me sitting down on my profile in case that's any help to anyone. I'm thinner now but the same sort of proportions.

Chinateacup Tue 02-Apr-13 21:12:54

Try Gap? They have a lot in that shape for spring though not sure how they fit. Their sizes are generous but inconsistently cut I think even in the same size - I tried 3 pairs at the weekend, same style different design. Only 1 fitted. But very flattering.

LaTrucha Tue 02-Apr-13 21:17:40

Thanks. Do you mean the slim cropped ones or the [http://www.gap.eu/browse/product.do?cid=57397&pid=000352657&vid=1&scid=000331225017 [mini skimmer?]]

I have pondered both of those.

Numberlock Tue 02-Apr-13 21:19:40

H&M every time!

FrugalFashionista Tue 02-Apr-13 21:21:16

Trucha you look a bit hourglassy to me - that is a fantastic shape and you look great in the pic. Would be easier to tell from a pic where you are standing up. Some visual help here if you are interested.

LaTrucha Tue 02-Apr-13 21:36:14

FrugalF - I will definitely have a go at that - but mabe tomorrow. I am nursing a gin and tonic now and measuring tapes aren't getting anywhere near me today. Thanks for the link.

Really, numberlock? I'll have a look. I haven't shopped there in years.

LaTrucha Tue 02-Apr-13 21:37:51

Sorry. Just noticed it doesn't require a measurig tape. I'm not going upstairs to look in the mirror either. grin

Chinateacup Tue 02-Apr-13 21:40:17

A patterned slim crop. Happy shopping whatever you decide smile

Chinateacup Tue 02-Apr-13 21:47:04

Great website Frugal

LaTrucha Wed 03-Apr-13 08:59:22

I'm kicking myself now. Those GAP trousers were very cheap a couple of weeks ago.

MildredH Wed 03-Apr-13 09:50:33

I second the gap ones.. Great fit for me and nice quality black fabric with not a hint of shine..

I was in gap this weekend and still had 40 percent off.. Like a flipin jumble sake mind..
Not sure when this offer ends though.

LaTrucha Wed 03-Apr-13 13:41:52

I've looked at that link FrugalF and I think I used to be an hourglass but am now a bit apply. Maybe the're not so good for apples.

Wish I'd tried the Gap ones when they were £14.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now