Talk

Advanced search

Lush shampoo bars

(12 Posts)
MummyDuckAndDuckling Tue 02-Apr-13 20:09:39

Anyone used? I read some good things online about them so bought one today after speaking with the lady who asked about my hair. I told her it was very dry since having dd (18 months) and she recommended the green bar. She assured me its fine to use on dd's hair so I did tonight and it smells lovely! Will be trying in the morning, but just wanted to know anyone's verdict on them grin

LillianGish Tue 02-Apr-13 20:20:30

Can't help, but curious myself. They smell lovely and I thought they'd be very handy when travelling, but I was wondering how practical they are - are you left with a soggy lump on the side of the bath or do you keep in the cupboard and bring it out when you want to use it?

RustyBear Tue 02-Apr-13 20:20:52

Is it the Karma one? (Think there may be more than one green one) I use Karma and love it - the bars last for ages (unless you leave them in the shower by mistake, which I did once)

RustyBear Tue 02-Apr-13 20:24:05

I have one of the round tins and put it back in the tin after washing, but I leave the lid off till the evening so it dries out a bit. It is very useful for travelling - I wish they would bring back the little round happy face karma soap they used to make, it fits nicely in the tins for travel.

Oh, and the Happy Hippy shower gel goes very well with Karma soap/shampoo.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 02-Apr-13 20:32:46

I bought one a couple of years back but I didn't like it.
As far as I can make out from reviews, the main drawback is using too much. You have to literally just stroke it down wet hair once/twice.
Otherwise you'll be rinsing forever.........blush......--done that--

fuzzywuzzy Tue 02-Apr-13 20:33:45

I've used them on my girls, they don't last that long as my girls have very long hair.

They work really well tho, be sure to drain and store them in a cool dry place, or it will turn to mush.

MummyDuckAndDuckling Tue 02-Apr-13 20:54:41

It's the green 'squeaky green' one. I didn't buy the tin cheap skate blush but ill be sure to let it dry out and not leave in the shower!

notJenkins Tue 02-Apr-13 20:56:51

I love them. The karma one and the green one are fab. Make your hair all shiny and smell wonderful.

Fanjounchained Tue 02-Apr-13 23:16:20

How "natural" are these though...would like to use them on the kids but not sure...

MummyDuckAndDuckling Tue 02-Apr-13 23:23:48

Surely can't be any worse than bottled shampoo on kids

MummyDuckAndDuckling Wed 03-Apr-13 10:02:08

Well I used the bar this morning and wow! My hair feels and smells amazing!!! I usually try and use a detox shampoo once a fortnight to get rid of product build up, but I feel like this has really cleansed it. One happy bunny smile

Isandri Wed 03-Apr-13 13:48:48

I used to use gentle lentil. The trick is make sure you head is very wet then run the bar lightly around your head 3 times. Then rub your hair like you would with normal shampoo. I have curly hair down to my shoulder blades and find 3 times around the head is enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now