Talk

Advanced search

Bravura

(11 Posts)
BestestBrownies Tue 02-Apr-13 13:17:13

So after reading about the wonders of the Dermaflannel and the glowing praise for the Bravura products on here, I am seriously tempted to give them a try. I have quite sensitive skin prone to hormonal breakouts around the chin/mouth area. At the moment I 'cleanse' using the same gel I use on my whole body and moisturise with a baby moisturiser which again I just slap on all over. I haven't 'toned' since I was about 15 as I convinced myself it was a gimmick [shame]

So as I'm rapidly approaching my 36th birthday I think I really ought to get into a proper skincare routine before it's too late. I'm thinking of going for the Dermaflannel, Rejuvenating Cleansing Milk, Revitalising Ginseng Toner with Glycolic Acid 5% and the Hyaluronic Acid Serum.

BUT..... at over 60 quid for a flannel and 3 teeny tiny bottles I want to be absolutely sure they're worth forking out for.

There's also still a little voice in the back of my mind shouting "GIMMICK!! Gullible woman!" and err.... I'm a bit clueless as to how to use the stuff properly. Do I just put my usual moisturiser on afterwards? Do I use it daily or can I get away with only once a week?

ThingummyBob Tue 02-Apr-13 13:25:27

I'm the same as you but a little bit older Bestest.

I ordered the flannel this morning but am waiting to see results before I fork out on anything else.

I've noticed my complexion looks somewhat haggard recently, so am hoping for some sort of miracle grin

BestestBrownies Thu 04-Apr-13 10:28:57

Aaaaargh! I just lost my essay reply angry Must learn to type faster!

Has it arrived yet ThingummyBob? Would love to know what kind of results you get with it.

I still haven't ordered anything from Bravura. After reading another Dermaflannel thread on here, I'm tempted to buy a regular microfibre cleaning cloth or 4 for around a third of the price. Apparently a few people have had he same results with them as those using the pricey one and I'm a total skinflint bargain-hunter.

It's a shame Bravura don't sell a sample pack of their products for around 10 pounds to convince sceptics like me.

BestestBrownies Thu 04-Apr-13 10:30:10

Hmmm... I wonder if I email them that suggestion they'll give me some freebies? grin

kiwigirl42 Thu 04-Apr-13 10:57:17

I bought the Glycolic Acid 15% night treatment from Bravura and its really good. My face definitely looks and feels smoother and plumper.
I'd buy another one when I run out.

FreddieMercurysBolero Thu 04-Apr-13 12:16:53

I've been using Salicylic acid for hormonal acne from bravura and it seems to be clearing up my congested skin. Don't know about their other products but I use Neutrogena foaming wash and jojoba oil to moisturise and it keeps acne at bay for the most part. Do email them and ask what would suit your skin as they seem very helpful with their replies. As for the dermaflannel, have a google (particularly makeup alley reviews) and see about micro fibre cloths , they seem to be one and the same! I'm off to the pound shop today to purchase one!

Snoozy1 Thu 04-Apr-13 13:23:08

If you sign up to their newsletter first, they email you a code for 10% off.

I used the salycic acid peel and loved it so browsed the site and ended up with lots of other stuff, I think they are fairly reasonably priced and my skin has never looked so clean and clear, pores are massively reduced and I have a glow. definately would recommend them.

sammisatt Thu 04-Apr-13 15:56:07

The glycolic acid peel is brilliant. Scary but brilliant and 100 times cheaper than a salon job.

TheRealFellatio Sat 13-Apr-13 18:38:35

I have done the peel a few times now but I can't say I'm noticing anything happening. confused Is skin supposed to actually peel off?

I have also just bought the flannel and used it twice so far. Not quite sure what I'm expecting to happen exactly, but my skin does feel very smooth so far.

I also splashed out on the cleanser, toner and the HA serum as well. Have not used the cleanser or the toner yet but I did use the serum today after the flannel. I must admit I do seem to have a glow about me, but at 47 it's going to have to work overtime to make much difference on me. grin

babybarrister Sat 13-Apr-13 20:24:24

Is salycic acid better than the lactic acid?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now