Talk

Advanced search

Calling Winters, i need a lipstick recommendation - fast!

(11 Posts)
Napoleon66 Tue 02-Apr-13 09:42:43

Morning all,

I forgot my make-up bag at home and plan to buy a lip colour at lunchtime as i really need colour on lips to look alive.

I'm a HoC 'Clear/Jewel Winter'. Could you please recommend a lipstick that i could buy in a dept store, I've only got an hour so don't want to waste time trying lots of different ones.

Thanks.

iseenodust Tue 02-Apr-13 09:51:41

Go to Boots and get a Maybelline lasts 14hr one (the range has about 8 colours). It doesn't last the full 14 hours but does stay better than any other I've tried so I've converted from Esteee Lauder and it's a third of the price.

Napoleon66 Tue 02-Apr-13 09:59:48

Thanks but I was hoping for an actual shade recommendation for Winters!

I live in Madrid without Boots! I'll check out Maybeline anyway.

AlwaysSleepingBeauty Tue 02-Apr-13 10:05:18

What about Laura Mercier Audrey?

AmberNectarine Tue 02-Apr-13 11:57:14

Chanel Rouge Noir?

Suuki Tue 02-Apr-13 12:19:14

Can you get Revlon where you are? I'm a jewel winter too and have Revlon lip butter in Red Velvet and Berry Smoothie, both perfect. The Berry one is a brightish pink that looks v natural on me and the red velvet is more dramatic deep cherry red.

Suuki Tue 02-Apr-13 12:20:32

Also Clinique butter shine in Cranberry Cream is a great red - soft with one coat, more dramatic with several.

Suuki Tue 02-Apr-13 12:22:56

<puts Laura Mercier Audrey on shopping list>

Napoleon66 Tue 02-Apr-13 13:55:08

Thank you! I bought the Chanel Rouge Noir.

Clinique didn't have the Cranberry Cream, the most similar shade was Parisienne red. I'm going to look at the others too on another day.

Since having my colours done, nearly 2 yrs ago, I've been using the two I bought from HoC but unfortunately lost one a couple of months ago and I'm fed up with the remaining one. I always 'dilute' the intensity of the colours with lip balm...probably why they lasted so long.

Definately need more lippys.

AlwaysSleepingBeauty Tue 02-Apr-13 14:05:27

It's a lovely colour Suuki. I've never had my colours done so I have no idea which season I am, but it would definitely look great on a Winter. I'm just getting over flu so I look terrible, but Audrey has made me look considerably more alive today.

JennySense Tue 02-Apr-13 15:38:52

Wow I'm a clear winter and I bought the Revlon Berry smoothie today!

I was also looking at Mac - Russian Red/Ruby Woo and Girl About Town

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now