Talk

Advanced search

Saggy upper eye lids

(15 Posts)
LovingTheSunshine Mon 01-Apr-13 22:08:34

Anyone tried anything noninvasive that works?

Eliza22 Tue 02-Apr-13 13:24:01

My mum, who's 72 visited her GP for something unrelated and he noticed she was struggling to see her little diary from under her brows. One eye is worse than the other but....they've referred her to the hospital to have an eye brow lift, to alleviate the sag. I couldn't believe it when she told me! She's been like that for years.

How bad are yours? You never k ow! But, I think they have to seriously affect your vision. They're doing both of hers, so they'll be even though. I'm dead p,eased for her!

Eliza22 Thu 04-Apr-13 08:46:22

Hmmm.... As I thought. Maybe there's not much can be done beyond the surgeon's knife!

Sorry, my anecdotal story wasn't really the answer you were looking for smile

Vonnegut Thu 04-Apr-13 09:38:47

https://www.getdreamlook.com/

YW smile

cedge Thu 04-Apr-13 10:56:16

If it is excess skin... then an upper eyelid surgery is the only option. It is not as daunting as it sounds though...takes about an hour.

Eliza22 Thu 04-Apr-13 12:01:27

Cedge, my mum's been told she can have a local anaesthetic and will be in and out in a couple of hours!

cedge Thu 04-Apr-13 12:15:05

That seems pretty good smile

missmartha Thu 04-Apr-13 12:45:52

My SiL got her saggy lids done on the NHS.

When mine threaten to get saggy I'm not sure wether to get excited or not, coz I'd love an eye lift.

DrGoogleWillSeeYouNow Thu 04-Apr-13 13:58:23

Heavy eyelids run in the family, my mum and all of my aunties have them. I think surgery is the only real answer tbh. But as a PP said, it's done under local anaesthetic these days and it's a half a day maximum in hospital. I've kind of resigned myself to the fact that I'll want it done at some point.

Toughasoldboots Thu 04-Apr-13 14:05:16

I am looking at getting this done too, does anyone have a rough idea of prices? I feel like a bulldog with little eyes peeping out underneath the folds.

LovingTheSunshine Thu 04-Apr-13 21:18:48

Now I've hit my 40s I'm noticing more and more parts of my body that I'm not happy with. My eyelids aren't terrible, I can just see them heading south IYGWIM. Not sure I'd be able to have surgery as have a couple of medical conditions (diabetes, thyroid) which some surgeons won't touch with a barge poll. Ridiculous if you ask me as I am we'll controlled and have recovered well from 2 csections. Hmph sad

Charliefox Thu 04-Apr-13 21:37:20

This stuff works a treat, for a temporary effect www.eyelidtapes.com/

insertname Thu 04-Apr-13 21:41:24

About 3 grand . My dm had it dome last year.

Charliefox Thu 04-Apr-13 21:46:08

I bought this. You will be amazed. Truely. www.amazon.co.uk/Breathable-Plastic-Double-Eyelid-Sticker/dp/B007HII4V0

Toughasoldboots Sat 06-Apr-13 01:21:15

Cheers insert.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now