Talk

Advanced search

Oops I may have accidentally bought a pair of Triumph Doc Marten boots but....

(27 Posts)
Tortoise Mon 01-Apr-13 19:47:00

what do wear with them?
They are brown.
I am 34, fat (size 20) and have no idea on clothes.
I live in jeans and hoodies because I hate my size. (yes I know, lose weight, I keep trying and failing!)

Any ideas or links would be good.
Cheap as possible as I shouldn't really have spent £87 on boots for myself! grin

ExasperatedSigh Mon 01-Apr-13 19:49:54

Congratulations on your excellent taste! I have black ones and wear them with jeans, skirts, dresses...they're great for toughening up a little frock.

Tortoise Mon 01-Apr-13 20:47:32

Dresses? Skirts? I don't even own any! grin
It's MNs fault. Saw them linked on a DMs thread and fell in lurve with them. Found these on the schuh eBay page!

Hopefully Mon 01-Apr-13 20:50:37

I wear mine with skirts and dresses, but also good with skinnies/leggings - balance out my big thighs.

Yamyoid Mon 01-Apr-13 20:50:57

They go with anything but agree with Exasperated, frock with leggings.

UniqueAndAmazing Mon 01-Apr-13 21:01:09

if you don't like your size then skirts can be more flattering.
chunky jumper and long skirts.

Tortoise Mon 01-Apr-13 22:10:03

Thanks.
Can anyone link to some skirts/jumpers please?
I really am terrible at clothes shopping.

Sunnywithshowers Mon 01-Apr-13 22:20:50

Ooh they're lovely. Investment boots.

Tortoise Mon 01-Apr-13 22:57:00

I've had a look online and can't find anything in skirts sad. I don't know where to look.

Tortoise Tue 02-Apr-13 13:20:36

bump smile

Kione Tue 02-Apr-13 13:29:29

I wear mine with bootcut jeans that I have shirtened to use with pumps. Mine are electric blue and love them with white jeans grin
What about straight led leggings? sorry cant do links as I am on the phone.

Tortoise Tue 02-Apr-13 14:37:08

I don't have any leggings because I have no tops to wear with them lol.
I really am useless grin
I guess they will fit undery flared jeans but i don't want to hide them away all the time smile

pompompom Tue 02-Apr-13 14:38:25

Ooh link please?

Tortoise Tue 02-Apr-13 18:19:58

To the boots?
I got mine on Ebay schuh page.

Tortoise Tue 02-Apr-13 18:30:40

here hope link works!

JohnnyDeppsfuturewife Tue 02-Apr-13 19:23:41

Ooh tortoise they're lovely. I lived in doc marten's when I was a student. <wondering why I don't now after breaking foot in high heeled sandal last year>

They are so versatile, like you said it would be a shame to hide them.

I found this collection of looks on pinterest as it might inspire you to find a look you like for example i really like the doctor who one at the top. I also like the one in the bottom right with jeans under the boots and a white shirt. If you opted for that sort of look could you try m and s jeggings? I haven't tried them myself but there are many fans of m and s jeggings on the s and b threads.

pinterest.com/mikania/doc-martens-make-the-outfit/

I used to enjoy wearing my dms with quite feminine skirts and dresses. In the early 90s it was all gothic long skirts with fringes and grungy, Lacey dresses. thank god there are no photos of me

OneLittleLady Tue 02-Apr-13 19:28:17

Lace dresses and gothy long skirts are how I wear my DMs now grin I do not regret a single outfit

JohnnyDeppsfuturewife Tue 02-Apr-13 19:41:03

Sorry that was so rude, i didn't mean to be. I think it's because I wore what everyone else did rather than what suited me that I'm slightly embarrassed. Not that I'm particularly stylish now.

OneLittleLady Tue 02-Apr-13 19:48:01

Wasn't rude. I'm the least stylish person I know, nothing offends me clothes wise smile

Tortoise Tue 02-Apr-13 20:19:39

ooh thanks will have a look at that smile .

Tortoise Tue 02-Apr-13 21:05:08

I do like the jeans and shirt look. Only down side is that I like lots of the looks but I think they suit thin people.

ellenbrody Tue 02-Apr-13 21:15:23

Ooh, I've got those in black - so cool and dead comfy! I wear them over leggings with long tops or rolled down to show cool checked inside, with skinny jeans.
They would also look nice with a gothicy style dress (alas, I don't have one).

JohnnyDeppsfuturewife Tue 02-Apr-13 22:42:38

Yes some of the clothes are very short and tight but it's nice to see different colours and styles. If your budget is low you could always try eBay. I've been buying a lot of clothes from eBay recently with searches like 'jumper dress' or 'denim skirt' and then the size. I am trying to get more colour and patterns in my wardrobe, as I used to wear a lot of black, so I don't mind taking a risk on something for a few pounds.

I have those boots too tortoise, and am similar size/age to you. I struggle to find skirts to go with both them and my legs - either too long, too short or too smart. A straight just above the knee denim skirt works; I was wearing kilts with them but that could be a bit more punk than you're looking for.

Tortoise Wed 03-Apr-13 10:10:35

There here! There here!
Very nice smile. Quite snug fit though so hope they won't rub.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now