Talk

Advanced search

Best nail varnish on a budget?

(16 Posts)
Turry Mon 01-Apr-13 18:57:54

I can't be bothered paying counter prices for it anymore as I seem to be a chipping magnet so it never lasts...

Anything cheap and good? Doesn't chip is my number 1 ask, though quick-drying would also be lovely too...

TravelinColour Mon 01-Apr-13 19:11:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ceebeegeebies Mon 01-Apr-13 19:13:25

Barry M ones are excellent - great choice of colours/effects and very cheap (particularly if you go to Boots when they have a 3 for 2 offer on which they do at the moment).

However, you will need a topcoat aswell otherwise any nail varnish is going to chip smile

MrsJaqenHgar Mon 01-Apr-13 19:15:31

I find BarryM ones reasonably good and they copy Chanel colours. There was also a very cheap brand from Superdrug that I found hard wearing. I think it was Miss Sporty? Not sure if they still stock it as I don't have a Superdrug nearby any more.

Allthingspretty Mon 01-Apr-13 19:22:14

Theres a brand that boots are stocking with all nail varnushes for £1.99

WhyIRayLiotta Mon 01-Apr-13 19:28:35

I think the most important thing is a good base / top coat. Rimmel do one that's only £3.99 and it's ace. I'm wearing bright coral nail polish and it's a week old! It's slightly scuffed now - but not terribly so. I was amazed the difference spending the time doing base/ colour / colour / topcoat made to how long the polish lasts.

Cybbo Mon 01-Apr-13 19:31:36

Rimmel and no 17 are my varnishes of choice a lot of the time, with Keighton Denny my ££one

Top coat key, every day

justaweeone Mon 01-Apr-13 19:55:34

NYC from super drug
Think it is £1.79

SoftKittyWarmKitty Mon 01-Apr-13 20:05:39

I recently bought a Boots Natural Collection varnish - it's lovely to put on and a really nice colour. Think it was £1.99, so it was a bargain. However, I use a good top coat that helps it last - Seche Vite.

I also like Rimmel Pro ones.

Snog Mon 01-Apr-13 20:20:28

Another vote for Rimmel - nice colours too!

JumpHerWho Mon 01-Apr-13 20:27:52

Rimmel Lycra Pro all the way - I love expensive polish for the colour ranges, but I've yet to find a polish that beats RLP for longevity, I don't even bother with a top coat. Not the quick dry one, he Lycra one.

cocolepew Mon 01-Apr-13 20:29:31

NYC do excellent glittery ones.

I really like Revlon.

Turry Tue 02-Apr-13 12:23:51

Ahh, BASE coat! Maybe that's where I'm going wrong... I always use Chanel top coat as lovely and shiny, but base never even occurred to me...

Cybo do you mean you put a new top coat on every day? Is that what I'm supposed to have been doing all this time too?!

Can't believe how many votes for Rimmel! Def off to give that a go!

Thanks ladies!

QueenCadbury Tue 02-Apr-13 12:58:00

Rimmel and mavala I find are the best cheap ones. Otherwise I love nails inc or essie (but need 3 coats not to chip). I find revlon chip pretty easily on me.

I 've got a chanel varnish but it chips within minutes. Maybe it's your chanel top coat that's making things chip?

Househunter Tue 02-Apr-13 16:25:23

The new Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure ones seem good. £6.99 each but on 3 for 2 at Boots at the moment. Treacly good clout but only just applied today so yet to see how long they last.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now