Talk

Advanced search

Straight(ish) skirt, below the knee in denim, cord or heavy cotton..where can I get one?

(11 Posts)
Briony32 Mon 01-Apr-13 18:47:00

Just had a baby and I'm finding it impossible to get hold of an alternative to jeans at the moment. I don't do skinny jeans very well and all the skirts in the shops seem to be too short or too flared. I hate all the circle skirts in the shops and styles with gathering around the waist, I need something that will help flatten my tummy not add volume to it!
Don't mind buttons down the front.
Want something with a bit of structure for a size 14.
Don't mind a slight A line shape.
With pockets would be ideal.
Would like to wear it with bare legs in summer and with tights/boots in the winter.
Anyone have one/know of where I can get hold of one?

MadAboutHotChoc Mon 01-Apr-13 19:02:12

I get mine from Gap and Boden - but these are above the knee...

MadAboutHotChoc Mon 01-Apr-13 19:03:40

I get mine from Gap and Boden - but these are above the knee...

Hobbs usually do a denim one in that sort of style.

Here

Fairylea Mon 01-Apr-13 19:08:47

Yours have one. They start at a size 14.

Babyjaguar Mon 01-Apr-13 19:09:28

what is with the deneeeem today?! smile

EarnestDullard Mon 01-Apr-13 19:16:08

White Stuff have a few, the Carpenter skirt look nice but is just above the knee. Not cheap either, but if you get a lot of wear out of it..

Briony32 Mon 01-Apr-13 19:43:14

Thanks everyone. The Evelyn skirt in Hobbs looks promising. I like the button down look but I was hoping for something a bit edgier. The White Stuff Carpenter skirt is nice but you are right, I really want below the knee or calf length.

I did have some nice skirts a couple of years ago but my weight has gone up and down between size 12 and 18 so have thrown them!

Babyjaguar Tue 02-Apr-13 16:04:58

Marks limited collection. Saw today.

SarahGoodwin33 Tue 02-Apr-13 17:00:57

I'm a white stuff and boden type of girl but think per una do skirts like that sometimes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now