Talk

Advanced search

Should I expect a superdry £50 hoody to last more than 5 months

(8 Posts)
Bluebell99 Mon 01-Apr-13 13:27:48

Without the zip breaking? The bottom metal thing has come off. Is is worth me taking it back or are they likely to be awkward about it? I bought two and one is still fine. Kids at school so not worn that often. Thank you for any advice.

morethanpotatoprints Mon 01-Apr-13 13:31:08

I all honesty, no you shouldn't.
The materials used are cheap and you were happy to spend £50 on the label.

I have done this in the past and have learned now. They are older so buy it themselves, younger ones get cheap coats from Primark, M&S are much cheaper and last for up to 2 years. BHS are also good.

CajaDeLaMemoria Mon 01-Apr-13 13:32:55

Same happened to my super dry hoodies... Store refused to replace it but head office did, after a few letters.

Then it happened again. They aren't built to last, and as irritating as it is, it's so much hassle getting it swapped that I haven't bothered.

Bluebell99 Mon 01-Apr-13 13:42:31

Hmmm interesting that your hoody went the same way Cajadelamemoria. I am interested that you are saying they are poor quality, as I just assumed (foolishly maybe) that they would be good quality to go with the price tag! Equally I would expect something from m & s to last longer than 5 months only wearing it occasionally, so assumed the superdry hoody would last better.

boodles Mon 01-Apr-13 13:43:42

If you look on their fb page lots of people have issues with the zips.

ihearsounds Mon 01-Apr-13 14:03:57

Yes I would expect a £50 hoody to last more than a couple of months. I have a couple of hoodies that I have had for years now, that cost less than a tenner. They get worn a lot as well.

Bluebell99 Mon 01-Apr-13 15:09:44

Thanks will have a look at their Facebook page. Thanks ihearsounds.

Bitofagirl Mon 01-Apr-13 18:25:35

I won't buy my children zip up hoodys anymore, I don't think it's just superdry!

I've binned this winter tommy, Abercrombie & next zip ups! I even wash them separately in a net bag!

Lesson learned for me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now