Talk

Advanced search

Foundation help.

(10 Posts)
HappierTimes Mon 01-Apr-13 08:36:48

I have never used foundation due to living in a hot climate and not wearing make up at all.

I have now got a liquid one from body shop and a BB cream. I moisturise and use a primer ( also from body shop). I apply the foundation with a brush.

I have quite large pores and find when I am finished that I have a powdery effect going on. Especially in my chin area. What am I doing wrong?

KenDoddsDadsDog Mon 01-Apr-13 21:27:53

Do you exfoliate regularly ? You also might be layering too many things. A BB cream shouldn't need a primer I don't think.

coffeeinbed Mon 01-Apr-13 21:45:29

A primer would give a powdery effect.

amothersplaceisinthewrong Mon 01-Apr-13 21:48:19

Far too many products going on your skin. No idea what BB creams are meant to do but suspect they are a con, so would ditch that. Not sure about a primer either (thought they were something to do with decorating smile so would just stick to a simple light moisturiser and then the foundation.

coffeeinbed Mon 01-Apr-13 21:49:51

Some foundations are powdery as well.
What are you using?

HappierTimes Tue 02-Apr-13 08:07:56

The foundation is just one from body shop, its an oil free balancing one.
I thought you put primer onto help make a smoother surface for the foundation to go on.

HappierTimes Tue 02-Apr-13 08:09:41

I have just bought a microfibre cloth to try. I want to get the dermaflannel but its quite pricey.

coffeeinbed Tue 02-Apr-13 09:25:25

Oil free would balancing would go powdery.
Skip the primer.
See how it goes.
Or just use the BB, they are usually softer.

DolomitesDonkey Tue 02-Apr-13 09:41:12

BB cream is just a tinted moisturiser so I'd ditch that unless you want a "make-up free day".

So for normal day wear I moisturise after shower, apply primer "later" - give that 5 minutes to sink in and then I use moisturiser.

rubytutu Tue 02-Apr-13 09:57:23

some primers can have high powder content as can foundation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now