Talk

Advanced search

eye makeup remover that doesn't irritate

(36 Posts)
pixiegumboot Sun 31-Mar-13 23:20:46

Does anyone know of such a thing? Something that does it quickly too? ATM I use bodyshop waterproof, but it makes my eyes run.
Not too fussed on oil based ones as I think they leave a film on my eyes but last used one years ago so prepared to try again. and also not too £££

HazeltheMcWitch Sun 31-Mar-13 23:23:44

The one I think is the best is oddly the other Body Shop one - the liquidy stuff in the bottle. I've tried expensive ones, but I always return to this. Gets everything off (although I don't wear waterproof mascara, I wear one that comes off with warm water) and is super-gentle on my eyes and skin. And does not leave an oily film.

Savannahgirl Sun 31-Mar-13 23:27:10

Does it have to be waterproof? I use L'Oreal Gentle Eye Make Up Remover for sensitive eyes. It's brilliant for ordinary make up but not sure if it would remove the waterproof ones.
It does what it says on the bottle, so to speak - it is really gentle but effective.

MeDented Sun 31-Mar-13 23:29:08

The only one I can use is Simple, I find I works really well on waterproof mascara and isn't oily because I struggle with those ones too. Fab stuff.

Blondie1984 Sun 31-Mar-13 23:31:27

Nude skincare does a good one or Liz earle cleanse and polish

Whitershadeofpale Sun 31-Mar-13 23:32:41

Bioderma is amazing. Doesn't irritate at all and feels just like water. I can't abide oil based removers they just feel really greasy for ages afterwards on me.

Novia Sun 31-Mar-13 23:35:28

The Bodyshop Camomile eye-make-up remover. I've tried dozens and its the best by a mile!

Vaseline! It's what my mum used and I have done since being a teen. I only use that, Dove soap, and aquaeous cream. I get ID'd frequently and I'm 37.

MrsLHofstadter Sun 31-Mar-13 23:36:12

Lush Ultrabland, doesn't irritate at all. I walk around the house rubbing this on with my eyes open and never had a problem. Is oily but easily removed with a warm cloth.

MrsLHofstadter Sun 31-Mar-13 23:39:27

Estee lauder take it away is great as well. Removes everything, I wear waterproof mascara, and leaves skin silky smooth.

cocobongo Sun 31-Mar-13 23:42:27

I have really sensitive eyes, and most things irritate them, including the body shop one you referred to. However, I have been using this recently La Roche Posay and it is really good, make-up melts off and no irritation. I just rub it all over my face/ eyes and then use a damp cloth or muslin to remove.

Passiveaggressivecakeeater Sun 31-Mar-13 23:42:40

Simple eye makeup remover is amazing.

usualsuspect Sun 31-Mar-13 23:43:09

Another vote for vasaline.

Mspontipine Sun 31-Mar-13 23:46:54

I use Boots essentials fragrance free for all skin types eye make-up remover lotion - it is soooo gentle but removes everything and it's really cheap - about £2. Been using it for years. smile

pixiegumboot Sun 31-Mar-13 23:47:53

oh thanks! great stuff here I shall work my way through them all! just sitting in bed trying to read this but eyes are running so much! (maybe its the night cream?!)

Arisbottle Sun 31-Mar-13 23:48:22

Bioderma.

tethersend Sun 31-Mar-13 23:49:04

The very best I've used is the Olay one- creamy, not greasy at all and gets rid of everything.

MsWinnieBaygo Sun 31-Mar-13 23:50:48

I have ridiculously sensitive eyes - the Simple remover kills them. The only one I found I could use was Lancôme which at over £20 a bottle was a bit unfortunate. Decided to buy a bottle of L'Oreal's for sensitive eyes the other day in Boots for £1.99. Have only used it once do far but by eyes were perfect after - not a bit of runniness or redness after or the next morning which is nothing short of a miracle

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sun 31-Mar-13 23:50:53

I just use E45 cream...the kind in a big pump dispenser. That and cotton wool. It's good at getting mascara off. if I run out, I use olive oil. If you have sensitive skin you need the most basic stuff for your face.

pixiegumboot Sun 31-Mar-13 23:51:53

Unnamed, does aqueous cream really work as a cleanser? funnily enough our GP mentioned this as a use when prescribing for eczema, in fact he said any moisturiser should work as a cleanser!

pixiegumboot Sun 31-Mar-13 23:54:02

x post with you too Neo

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sun 31-Mar-13 23:57:12

It does work in combination with warm/hot water yes. My skin is always clear. It's gentle and moisturizing....I wash with it all the time.

After I've wiped the makeup off, I rinse in hot water...not boiling but hand hot, comfortably hot...then I wipe my face again with cotton wool and rinse with cold water. no grease and no makeup left.

I wash with it as a cleanser (or Dove) and use it as a moisturiser. I have suffered with excema on my eyelids and face but not for years since I simplified things.

willowstar Mon 01-Apr-13 00:04:29

Simple eye makeup remover is the only cheap one I have found that doesn't hurt my eyes

Arisbottle Mon 01-Apr-13 01:00:04

I use Liz Earle cleanse and polish for every day type eye makeup. When it is a little heavier I use Liz Earle and when I have full vampish heavy makeup bioderma.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now