Talk

Advanced search

Swimwear for a 6-month-post-birth body?

(14 Posts)
cakeandcava Sun 31-Mar-13 17:58:09

Hi,
Could do with some help finding swimwear that is decent looking for a post-birth body. I'm going away to Sardinia in May when DS will be 6 months. I have some rather fetching stretchmarks that are just starting to fade but still very much visible, and my tum has that lovely pouch-flab look. Thighs and bum still struggling with a bit of pregnancy and post-pregnancy cake weight. I am starting to do something about it now, but it will take time...

I'm thinking maybe a tankini style thing? With a wide waistband that holds in the tum? And maybe boyleg or shorts or whatever it is called? Please help?!

ellesabe Sun 31-Mar-13 18:50:58

I'm in exactly the same boat. Dd2 will be 7mo when we go to Spain in June. I think I'll go for a tankini too. Bikini would show-off too many stretchmarks and a swimsuit would be a nightmare for breastfeeding. I'll get browsing... smile

Kione Sun 31-Mar-13 18:52:37

I use tankinis.since I had my DD, I am quite busty so buy them at Pepperberry. I think they are fab as for sunbathink I tuck the longer bit of the top under the band under the bra bit IYKWIM! and pull.it down when going for a swim. they have the ones with short.type bottoms but I think that would look too covered.

ellesabe Sun 31-Mar-13 18:53:34

I think this Haiti tankini is really nice...

ellesabe Sun 31-Mar-13 18:55:12

Quite pricey though! I just noticed the price doesn't include the bottoms.

Kione Sun 31-Mar-13 18:58:43

mine is more similar to the one with the black.bands and I can do the tucking in thing.
I got mine on the sale page and luckily it matched the bikini I already have so only had to buy the top grin
you could go for a top that would go with black bottoms and get them.cheaper somewhere else

I've got a high waisted black bikini from Asos waisted bikini&sh=0&pge=3&pgesize=12&sort=-1&clr=Black bottoms

rubytutu Sun 31-Mar-13 21:15:00

we went away when dc2 was same age and I bought a plain black swimming cossie from matalan which had control panel in stomach and built in bra. it's not worth spending loads as your shape will be completely different a year from now.

AlwaysOneMissing Sun 31-Mar-13 23:22:33

I got a lovely 1950s retro style costume from M&S shapewear range. It has a tummy control panel to hold it all in, and thinnish straps with triangular bra cups which would be easy to feed in. Definitely worth a try, I feel great in mine.

Cheffie100 Mon 01-Apr-13 07:00:35

Fat face always have nice tankinis

Isandri Mon 01-Apr-13 13:23:04

What about a 50's style like this one from forluna? The draping over your stomach will help hold you in and hide your post baby jelly tummy. I'm wearing a dress that has draping over my tummy today smile

They have very nice bikini's too

cakeandcava Mon 01-Apr-13 22:29:13

i really like that retro swimsuit! it is very red though, and I am pale and burn easily so perhaps not the best colour...

The haiti tankini and high waist bottoms are really good too - lots of good ideas here. And yes, I am very much hoping that my shape will be quite different next year smile

bobsnotabuilder Mon 01-Apr-13 23:21:50

www.surfdome.com/zoggs_bikinis_-_zoggs_shelly_tankini_-_jade-92524

I've been wearing this since 3m after having DC2 and it's great. It has a mega tummy support panel and the two parts are actually joined together even though it look separate. The rouching at the sides also gives extra concealment of any tummy issues.

Isandri Wed 03-Apr-13 13:41:01

The red 50's forcing suit comes in other colors. You have to look on the main swimsuit page. I linked the red one as it showed the draping better than the other colours. I'm incredibly pale and love red with pale skin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now