Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Suitable dress for a Christening for an 11 year old...

(4 Posts)
fivecandles Sun 31-Mar-13 09:15:31

...who could probably pass for 15. She is now too tall for children's sizes and would probably fit size 6 ladies. Want pretty but not girly or frilly and not sexy. WOuld be good if it wasn't too expensive but will pay £s for something nice that she also likes. TIA.

marialuisa Sun 31-Mar-13 09:29:03

My 5'4" just turned 12 year old has had some nice stuff from Topshop recently, otherwise Jack Wills does simple dresses that would work for a christening.Hard without knowing your/your daughter's tastes. I see stuff recommended on here for this age group that DD and I would find totally unacceptable.

AuntieStella Sun 31-Mar-13 09:39:16

Is she the one being Christened, or a guest at someone else's?

NaturalBlondeYeahRight Sun 31-Mar-13 09:51:23

www.alexandalexa.com/kids-clothing/dresses/shop/12-14-years/girls/?p=2

....Have some nice bits. Jonnie B? I've got dresses from New Look teenage section for my two that are not sexy/too grown up before.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: