Talk

Advanced search

Help!! I need an opera stars outfit.

(8 Posts)
Lighthousekeeping Sat 30-Mar-13 23:22:25

By next Friday. I have little money. It's a murder mystery. Buxom with dark curly hair wears kaftans!!! I feel sick

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sun 31-Mar-13 17:39:53

Can you sew? grin silly question...if you could, you'd not be here would you? I reccomend vintage and charity shops...or this?

It's got two hours to go...but it's large...what size are you? They're shapeless things but you could have a belt.

Lighthousekeeping Sun 31-Mar-13 18:04:18

That's fab but, psychotic ally, I couldn't buy a n 18. I'm having a real downer about my weight lately.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sun 31-Mar-13 19:25:17

Are you larger than an 18? If so Kaftans are great...v flattering.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sun 31-Mar-13 19:34:21

those kaftans go up to a 26 op!

Lighthousekeeping Mon 01-Apr-13 17:58:03

I'm a 16 and shouldn't be. That's what I meant. I can't make that jump to a 18.

Picturesinthefirelight Mon 01-Apr-13 18:04:09

Concert dress is basically a ball gown. I don't know any opera singers who wear kaftans.

Scarfs - why do all classically trained singers wear scarfs? You could spot them a mile off when dh was at music college. And no tight waists , you need to expand when you breathe darling!

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Mon 01-Apr-13 18:25:01

Maybe it's meant to be her style OFF stage though Firelight...OP...do you have anything slightly wafty and glam? I would wear that with extra jewellery and more makeup than usual...plus something a bit ott in my hair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now