Talk

Advanced search

Hair colouring help

(12 Posts)
FaceCake Sat 30-Mar-13 18:17:29

Reading through the 'Everybody's blonde now' and I realised I am one of those used to be beautifully blonde little girls who got highlights because it was darkening and just kept going with it for years.

I've been thinking about going darker for a while, finally have bought dye, now I'm trying to decide whether to go through with it! Has anyone gone from blonde to a reddy/plummy colour/browny colour?

OneLittleLady Sat 30-Mar-13 18:25:50

Be prepared to alter your make up colours, darker hair needs slightly different make up. Look for some tutorials on youtube for make up ideas for your new colour smile

MsIngaFewmarbles Sat 30-Mar-13 18:26:33

I did about 8 years ago, same as you, I was a blonde child and then went mousy as I got older. I got highlights all through my 20s. I've been reddish brunette ever since. I suits me much better.

FaceCake Sat 30-Mar-13 18:29:36

Hmm, that's something I've thought about, makeup wise I'm very basic so I dont think I'd have to alter much. I think I'm having last minute doubts!

FaceCake Sat 30-Mar-13 18:35:56

MsInga that's the same. So, I should just go for it right?

OneLittleLady Sat 30-Mar-13 18:38:53

you should just go for it, you can always have the colour stripped out if it really doesn't suit/you hate it.

MsIngaFewmarbles Sat 30-Mar-13 18:42:48

Do it do it. You'll never go back. Also much lower maintenance as roots don't show as badly smile

What colour have you bought?

FaceCake Sat 30-Mar-13 18:45:51

I've gone for a black cherry as my hair is very light at the moment and I know that if i'd stuck a red I would end up a brassy/orangey/reddish. Lower maintenance is what I'm after, I realised last night that my roots now come through very very dark... Curse my highlights now costing upwards of £40 I don't have!

FaceCake Sat 30-Mar-13 21:34:29

Eep! Colour is on... No going back now.

MsIngaFewmarbles Sun 31-Mar-13 22:43:51

How is it?

FaceCake Sun 31-Mar-13 23:58:07

I've had lots of compliments so I'm going to say its gone well! Thank you for giving me that last push.

MsIngaFewmarbles Mon 01-Apr-13 08:39:52

Fantastic, glad you're pleased smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now