Advanced search

Jeans for skinny lanky ds - please help, all his trousers are ankle swingers!

(13 Posts)
shoppingbagsundereyes Sat 30-Mar-13 17:38:10

He is nearly 7 but needs age 8 jeans and trousers for the length. He is currently going through a rib showingly skinny phase and Next jeans look like clown trousers. He prefers soft jersey waists ( hence Next) but I think will put up with button and zip. Def will not wear a belt. Can anyone suggest where to look?

Floralnomad Sat 30-Mar-13 17:39:11

Primark , everything in primark is 'skinny' .

Roseformeplease Sat 30-Mar-13 17:39:48

Skinny son too here. He wears Boden which have tags to pull in the waist. Not chep but good resale value on eBay.

4forkssake Sat 30-Mar-13 20:34:52

My ds is the same & I find h&m

4forkssake Sat 30-Mar-13 20:35:44

Pressed too early. H&m the best for skinny boys.

orangina Sat 30-Mar-13 20:36:43

H&M great for skinny boys..... I have one of those too! smile

Waspie Sat 30-Mar-13 20:38:41

Gap are good for skinnies. H&M are great too. My 5 year old DS is in age 7 trousers because of his height but normal fit make him look as though he is wearing a sack. Skinnies with adjustable waist are perfect.

signorapacino Sat 30-Mar-13 20:41:25

GinTintedGlasses Sat 30-Mar-13 20:41:33

H&M or F&F at tesco are the only trousers that fit my super skinny DS. Primark don't always have adjustable waists in 8+ sizes so I found nothing in there suitable. HTH

Jacksterbear Sat 30-Mar-13 20:44:42

Another vote for h&m - ds has these in the blue; he is funny about waistbands too and I have always bought Next jeans before for this reason, but the h&m ones are lovely and soft and pass the comfort test!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 30-Mar-13 21:05:10

I've never had any luck in H&M and spent ages trying to work out if they were boys or girls by the way they buttoned.
The sizes are weird to try to work out too.

My 13yo DS is so thin he gives a whole new meaning to thin.
He's outgrown Primark boys (their 13yo don't fit him for length and are too big on the waist)

I've got him mens/ teens in the smallest waist (I think 26" and a 32 leg)
but even then he needs a belt.

shoppingbagsundereyes Mon 01-Apr-13 08:02:15

Right, have ordered the Boden ones and am off to H and M this morning. Thanks all

bodiddly Mon 01-Apr-13 08:10:05

Next do a slim fit range that also has the adjustable waist that you can order online but I have never found in store.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now