Talk

Advanced search

A home hair colouring question: does anyone use semi-permanent hair colour in between permanent applications (to help with that washed out effect that happens after a couple of weeks)?

(1 Post)
pepperminty Sat 30-Mar-13 13:53:29

Hi ladies. I love reading Style and Beauty - so many good tips from you all.

I was hoping for some advice on colouring hair.

I have been thinking about using semi-permanent colour in between the times I use permanent colour. I'm just a bit concerned that the semi-permanent might be a bit more red toned (I've heard it can be more red-toned?) or might leave strange lines and not blend well with the permanent?

I naturally have medium/dark brown hair. I colour my roots about every 3 or 4 weeks to cover my greys and every other time I bring the colour through for ten minutes through the lengths. I used to use Nice & Easy Medium Brown - I loved the "multi-tonal" result it gave but then it seemed to fade to a washed-out orangey-tone in 2-weeks. I switched to L'Oreal Excellence Creme and it didn't end up as washed out as Nice and Easy, but the colour isn't as multi-tonal - kind of one tone all over and a bit fake looking.

I was thinking of going back to Nice & Easy permanent and then two weeks in, using the Nice & Easy semi-permanent in the same colour name.

Has anyone tried pairing up permanent and semi-permanent like that?

Many thanks for any thoughts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now